Dyna should blow your horn

Beezer

« on: 7 Jan 2003, 04:55 pm »
Josh,

I'm in a similiar situation to you (potentially upward mobile Rega owner) and decided to stay with the 10X4.  First, the 10X4 is a great cartridge for the music I like (including much rock!).  Also, based on what I've read, one's vinyl rig investment should be biased towards the turntable, then the arm, then the cartridge.  You know, get the foundation right or you won't be able to maximize the cartridge potential.  I've cheated a bit and upgraded the arm (Origin Live modded RB250), but my next step will be to buy a Nottingham or Teres TT.  After that I'll think about the cartridge.

Good luck,
Beez

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2003, 05:55 pm »
From what I have read and gathered, this seems like very sound advice.  I basically traded out my MMF-5 for a P3 (w/ modded RB300 arm) for the purpose of upgraded a bit and settling the arm situation a bit and then possibly merging on over to a Teres TT.  I don't think I will upgrade any further with commercial products only a Teres or Redpoint or similar.

Beezer

new topic?
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2003, 08:12 pm »
I didn't mean to start a new topic!  What sort of mods does your RB-300 have?

Beez

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2003, 08:15 pm »
well I got incognito wiring with the table/arm and then I picked up a heavyweight plus locking thread and also a VTA adjuster.

JoshK

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan 2003, 08:44 pm »
With my rega on the way and no cart to speak of, I decided to call my old hi-fi dealer who sells dyna.  After a little bit of a pitch, I bought a 20h instead.  Good price so I couldn't resist.  Funny how this hobby works.

Beezer

begging for that new tt
« Reply #5 on: 7 Jan 2003, 09:58 pm »
you'll be measuring up that Teres before you know it!

B