Ideas for mounting Q7Ds

g3rain1

Ideas for mounting Q7Ds
« on: 2 Jul 2023, 08:53 pm »
Any ideas on how I can mount these Q7Ds or get a floor stand for them? The back wall is brick and built book shelves and super uneven. The french cleat they came with just has no place to go. Right now their just precariously sitting on the lip of my fireplace which is not a long term solution. 

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Ideas for mounting Q7Ds
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2023, 09:29 pm »
I'd use industrial strength velcro on the back to attach them to the bookshelf frame.

g3rain1

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2023, 10:22 pm »
I think they're a bit too heavy for velcro.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jul 2023, 04:08 am »
I put legs on a couple of my panels.  Set leg for height and then 3m stick and replace hold a bunch of weight and secure side or spot on to so they don't tip over.

Also a French cleat can have wire hanging down, think about picture frame hanging much as the fancy stores. Track around top of wall w hook over track and wire etc hanging down to desired length.

Alan

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #4 on: 3 Jul 2023, 02:18 pm »
If you want to mount them to the brick, it's possible but tricky. You will likely need concrete anchors (Tapcon or similar) depending on the details of the bricks.

There are other ways to do it but the concrete anchors, when properly installed, give the most strength.

jtcf

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jul 2023, 10:10 pm »
Heavy duty eye hooks mounted to wooden joists in your ceiling.I have a very heavy 7" thick bass trap held up that way.

g3rain1

« Reply #6 on: 5 Jul 2023, 02:17 am »
It's not so much the brick that posses a challenge it's that the surface is super uneven, it's just not going to sit flush no matter what I do. Hanging them from the ceiling might be the way to go however.  I was also considering floor stands, GIK has a couple options but it doesn't look like they're compatible with the Q7Ds.

Glady86

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2023, 02:43 pm »
Any ideas on how I can mount these Q7Ds or get a floor stand for them? The back wall is brick and built book shelves and super uneven. The french cleat they came with just has no place to go. Right now their just precariously sitting on the lip of my fireplace which is not a long term solution. 

Hi, I have the same speakers. Wondering if you like the diffusers? I'm thinking of a set myself.

dpatters

« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2023, 03:04 pm »
It's not so much the brick that posses a challenge it's that the surface is super uneven, it's just not going to sit flush no matter what I do. Hanging them from the ceiling might be the way to go however.  I was also considering floor stands, GIK has a couple options but it doesn't look like they're compatible with the Q7Ds.

You can get pre cut 2x4s from Lowe’s or Home Depot. Just stack and glue. You could finish them if necessary. I have three stacked sitting on hockey pucks. Very stable.

g3rain1

« Reply #9 on: 14 Aug 2023, 04:22 pm »
Hi, I have the same speakers. Wondering if you like the diffusers? I'm thinking of a set myself.
Yeah, they're pretty nicce. I do notice improved stage depth and the sweet spot at the listening position seems wider too. Though I'm limited by positioning due to my wall being so irregular and they are quite heavy.

You can get pre cut 2x4s from Lowe’s or Home Depot. Just stack and glue. You could finish them if necessary. I have three stacked sitting on hockey pucks. Very stable.
Yes, I've been slowly coming to the realization that I will have to DIY some kind of floor stand for them. It would have been nice if GIK offered some solution as an add on or had a few alternate mounting options for them. 

Glady86

« Reply #10 on: 14 Aug 2023, 06:17 pm »
Yeah, they're pretty nicce. I do notice improved stage depth and the sweet spot at the listening position seems wider too. Though I'm limited by positioning due to my wall being so irregular and they are quite heavy.
Yes, I've been slowly coming to the realization that I will have to DIY some kind of floor stand for them. It would have been nice if GIK offered some solution as an add on or had a few alternate mounting options for them.

Thanks for the response. Probably be ordering a pair soon.

g3rain1

« Reply #11 on: 15 Aug 2023, 05:44 am »
Thanks for the response. Probably be ordering a pair soon.
Do keep in mind I had already treated the rest of the room before getting the diffusers. I have absorbers on the side and rear walls,and also soffit mounted bass traps. All that is probably making a bigger difference.