deleted
« on: 15 Dec 2006, 10:42 pm »
deleted
« Last Edit: 28 May 2008, 09:06 pm by tvad4 »

Berndt

Re: Sorbothane Vibration Control Discs - Set of Four - $19
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2006, 12:50 am »
Exactly what I wanted!
My mapletree stuff had felt pads and these feet made the soundstage expand a couple feet on my ultra4.
I am going to try them under my oxo boxes next.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2006, 03:29 am by Berndt »

Berndt

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2006, 02:04 am »
I was listening to some new/old rock cd's and the changes didn't become apparent until I put my regular playlist on.
Grant Green solid now is floating in my room. Holy schmolie, I am very stoked!
It sounds like a cableing upgrade w/o the $ sign.

arthurs

« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2006, 03:17 am »
Pic didn't come through Tvad, could you repost?

Berndt

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2006, 04:14 am »
I gotta say, I bought all 5 sets, thinking they might be an improvement.
I have put my reference cd on repeat and am stilling tapping my toe.
I must say these are a great tweak.
Thanks again, Grant.

R_burke

« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2006, 03:50 pm »
Is there a weight limit for these - I have a Sonic Frontiers Power 2 weighing in at over 100 Lbs

cmach

« Reply #6 on: 19 Dec 2006, 05:50 pm »

I had a get together with Grant last Saturday. He brought two pairs of his sorbothane pads to try out
in my system. I tired the under my Modwright 999ES player first. The first thing I noticed was that the top end
hash/ harshness had disappeared. The soundstage sounded smoother as well. A very noticeable change for the better.

Next we stuck the pads under my pre-amp (CJ CT-5). Again the soundstage was smoother but I
also noticed more depth as well. The background is quieter too. These are the first
isolation devices I have used in my system and its made a believer out of me. I just wish the
rest of my upgrades would cost $40!

Cmach

95bcwh

« Reply #7 on: 19 Dec 2006, 06:17 pm »
Question:I have each of my component on a separate single rack, I have spikes under each rack and the spikes stung into the carpet. So, will this vibration control thing still work (when placed under my amp/preamp/Music player coupling to the rack)??

brj

« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2006, 09:21 pm »
You might want to try ordering some "unhappy balls" from Arbor Scientific to compare to the Sorbothane pads.  The balls are made of polynorbornene, which is most commonly identified using the Norsorex trade name.  Polynorbornene has an even lower coefficient of restitution (better damping) than Sorbothane.

(Be aware that one of the other trade names for polynorbornene is Sorbothene, which is different than Sorbothane.)

The Arbor Scientific website only offers the "unhappy balls" paired with "happy balls".  If you call them, however, you can order them individually.  I'm pretty sure the dozen I ordered were $30, which was $2 per individual ball and $6 shipping.  Carefully cut them in half using the sharpest knife you can find, and place the halves under your gear.  I usually use 3 halves per component, but vary that based on component weight.  I've even tried 4 halves under the footers of my 80 lb BPT power conditioner, and while they deform quite a bit, they appear to handle the load just fine.

If any DFW area locals want to try them, I have a few that I can lend out.  I'd be curious to know how they compare to the Sorbothane pads and/or spikes.

stilljd

« Reply #9 on: 21 Dec 2006, 08:54 pm »
 :lol:

Tvad's sorbothane empire. Now you done it.

Jim S.

R_burke

« Reply #10 on: 22 Dec 2006, 03:40 pm »
:lol:

Tvad's sorbothane empire. Now you done it.

Jim S.

Yup. Spreading peace, love and understanding. One sorbothane footer at a time...  :wink:

I thought you only sold them in sets of four  :wink:

PhishPhan

Re: Sorbothane Vibration Control Footers
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jan 2007, 08:23 pm »
I'll take em if they're still for sale. :)

miklorsmith

Re: Sorbothane Vibration Control Footers
« Reply #12 on: 16 Jan 2007, 06:43 pm »
And, thanks to all who made this tweak available!   :thumb: