Amadeus MKI..... Is this a reasonable price

undertowogt1

Amadeus MKI..... Is this a reasonable price
« on: 6 Apr 2019, 02:56 pm »

I am considering buying a used WTL Amadeus MK I with an LTD arm upgrade, no cart. Looks to be in very good shape. Price is 2500USD. I am coming to you, the experts with a few questions. To me the price seems a little high, is that because of the LDT arm. Is this a reasonable price for this deck and arm. I am from Canada, here a new MKII is 4150 canadian dollars with the standard arm. If I bought this used one with the LDT arm it works out to be about 3500 Canadian. Any thoughts
Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 6 Apr 2019, 04:37 pm by undertowogt1 »

dB Cooper

Re: Amadeus MKI..... Is this a reasonable price
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2019, 03:10 am »
84% of the price of a factory new unit with a warranty doesn't seem like such a good deal unless you prefer the other arm for some reason.

mick wolfe

Re: Amadeus MKI..... Is this a reasonable price
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2019, 07:17 pm »
Yes, I agree. My vote would be for the new table. A turntable is the one component I much prefer buying new with dealer support in place. In this particular case, the price of the used table does seem a bit high. Although the LDT tonearm looks more polished, the design principal is the same. I've never read anywhere that it offers significantly better performance over the stock arm, although it admittedly looks a lot slicker.