**SOLVED**Salk Streamer III to Mcintosh C2600 USB Works great.

Paret

• Keller, TX
Hi.

Got my Salk Streamer III plugged to the USB input of a Mcintosh C2600.

My question is about the screen showing 48kHz as the source on everything I play.  Using Roon as controller.

My previous DAC would show the actual file played resolution.  Just wondering if there is a setting that Im missing.

Even HD Tracks 192/24 all the way down to CD show 48kHz.

Thank you in advance.

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2016, 04:04 pm by Paret »

srb

Re: Salk Streamer III to Mcintosh C2600 USB
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2016, 05:51 pm »
With your previous DAC were you also using Roon as controller?

Apparently Roon default audio setting is Shared Mode and you would want to set it as Exclusive Mode (if it isn't already).

Normally that would be required to bypass Windows mixer 48kHz resampling, and although the Salk Streamer is a Linux based device, I would check that setting anyway.

Steve

Paret

• Keller, TX
« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2016, 01:18 am »
With your previous DAC were you also using Roon as controller?

Apparently Roon default audio setting is Shared Mode and you would want to set it as Exclusive Mode (if it isn't already).

Normally that would be required to bypass Windows mixer 48kHz resampling, and although the Salk Streamer is a Linux based device, I would check that setting anyway.

Steve

I was using Roon.

Don't know how to set to Exclusive mode.   :scratch:

LP

srb

« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2016, 01:37 am »
Sorry, I think I'm leading you down the wrong path.

For Windows/WASAPI and Mac OS X/Core Audio it needs to be enabled, but it appears that for Windows/ASIO, Mac OS X/ASIO and Linux/ALSA it's always in Exclusive Mode.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Exclusive_Mode

The USB input on the McIntosh C2600 is a modern 32-bit/384kHz implementation, so maybe Jim can shed some light on this.

Steve

Paret

• Keller, TX
« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2016, 04:01 pm »
I figured it out with Roon support.

It was my own fault for not setting it correctly.

It works like a charm now.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

Ace Deprave

How do you like the Mcintosh compared to your old AVA gear? What are you using for amplification now? I'm digging the Synergy 450.

Paret

• Keller, TX
How do you like the Mcintosh compared to your old AVA gear? What are you using for amplification now? I'm digging the Synergy 450.

When I was in high school in the '70's and listened to my Pioneer stereo I dreamed of having a McIntosh one day. 40 years later I ran into a McIntosh MX151 used that I finally was able to afford. I run a hybrid HT and 2 ch setup and that processor is amazing.
Then added the C26 to use for my music and looking at those meters is greatness.  The sound is not bad at all.

The AVA pieces are great but I dreamed about this for a long time.

Regards,

Luis D Paret

Saturn94

« Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2016, 01:33 am »
I figured it out with Roon support.

It was my own fault for not setting it correctly.

It works like a charm now.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

So what was the solution?

Paret

• Keller, TX
« Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2016, 03:56 pm »
So what was the solution?

I was going off the default zone and settings when I needed to select the Mcintosh connected directly to my Core, in this case the Salk Streamer III using Roon via USB and use that zone with lossless and correct volume setting. It was real simple.   :thumb:

It just escaped me because I just played files out and I wasn't actually truly using the Roon and server capabilities.  :roll:

My own fault.  :scratch:

Sounds and looks great.

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

Hydro

Hello Paret, I live in the Metroplex and have a couple of AVA amps and a dac, If you would like to audition one of them in your system let me know and we will get together. I have tried some Mac equipment in the past and like the AVA better:) TPate

Ace Deprave

Re: **SOLVED**Salk Streamer III to Mcintosh C2600 USB Works great.
« Reply #10 on: 16 Dec 2016, 04:45 pm »
Hello Paret, I live in the Metroplex and have a couple of AVA amps and a dac, If you would like to audition one of them in your system let me know and we will get together. I have tried some Mac equipment in the past and like the AVA better:) TPate

He is selling, or has sold his AVA gear (I bought his Synergy 450) to buy the Mcintosh, so I don't think he's looking for auditions.  :D

Paret

• Keller, TX
« Reply #11 on: 19 Jan 2017, 08:47 pm »

It's taken me a while but now I see the light. :duh: I didn't realize you had left this here for me until now.  :scratch:

Then I reached out to you after checking the auditions thread. Small world.

Awesome meeting you Terry.  :thumb:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

Hydro

« Reply #12 on: 20 Jan 2017, 04:37 pm »
It is a small world and getting smaller every day. Enjoyed having you over to listen to those great Salk speakers. Looking forward to hearing your system. Cheers. TPate