Halo - 10 part series on Paramount+ inspired by the game

WGH

Halo is a blast, it's got a conflicted hero with a mysterious backstory, an orphan girl, and ruthless aliens. Wikipedia says it is inspired by the game, which I have never played.

"Executive producer Kiki Wolfkill revealed that the series is a standalone story that takes place within its own "Silver Timeline" and that is inspired by the game franchise rather than a continuation, adaptation, or prequel, explaining that they wished to give the two Halo canons a chance to evolve individually to suit their media."

Plenty of action throughout the hour long premiere, episode 2 is tonight (continuing every Thursday), looking forward to it.

I get the impression from early reviews that fans of the game will be slightly disappointed. I watched with no preconceived ideas and no expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

70% Critic Rating on RT. The Audience Score is 59% from teenage male reviewers who haven't left their parent's basement in years. 94.5% of Halo players are male.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/halo/s01

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :popcorn:

GentleBender

Re: Halo - 10 part series on Paramount+ inspired by the game
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2022, 11:23 pm »
Some of us males that have played those games have nice basements of our own. :P

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2022, 12:54 am »
I'd like to watch the series. I was addicted to the game for a while.

Just finished watching episode 1 on Amazon Prime. I'm ready for more.
« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2022, 05:38 am by mresseguie »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2022, 11:40 am »
The first thing I wish is that members sized their pics so as not to drive the text into tiny little characters that cannot be read on a phone or tablet.  The series is good and I enjoyed the first episode, fell asleep for the second, I'll try again today.  Which leads me to the way different streaming services release content.  Traditional services like Netflix and Prime release the entire season or three of four episodes at a time, and binging has become how I enjoy television.  The new network based service like Paramount CBS, Peacock NBC, release one episode per week like old timey TV, it's horrible!  I lose all interest by the time the next episode is released.  Maybe it's because I have the attention span of a tardigrade, but it's how I feel now.  I tried Sling, recently cancelled because I don't want to be at my TV at 8pm on Thursdays to watch some TV show.  Anybody else?

WGH

« Reply #4 on: 1 Apr 2022, 08:59 pm »
Some fun screen shots from episode 2

Click on image for large size.

GentleBender

« Reply #5 on: 2 Apr 2022, 12:33 am »
Those look like they are straight from a cutscene of the game. :icon_lol: It’s been a while, but Halo 2 had the Covenant Elite soldier striped of his rank.