Marvalve Audio EL84 tubed HPA

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Marvalve Audio EL84 tubed HPA
« on: 8 Oct 2019, 07:25 am »
I re-stumbled upon a headphone amp outfit that I discovered last year. It's located in Taipei, Taiwan. I don't recall how I found it anymore. Anyway, their tube HPA looks interesting. I have little experience and I am not an engineer, so I don't know if this would be a great, mediocre, or poor amp. Perhaps one of you can offer up some thoughts?

http://www.marvalveaudio.com/m/412-1160-3259.php

Michael

adydula

• Restricted
Re: Marvalve Audio EL84 tubed HPA
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2019, 12:05 pm »
Its a very nice looking "lab" type to me, and I havent seen pots like this in a long time......looks like they are used for left and right volume controls to "help" with driver mismatch.

I didnt see a price, but they have a "matching" look DAC that goes for $4500. I am guessing this is not a low priced amp?

One thing that is lacking IMO are more detailed specs, even though audo stuff may not measure down into the "weeds" and still work and sound good, not having all the "normal" measurements
makes me wonder...they speak to neat "advanced" circuit techniques and low distortion but I see no distortion measurements?

The power output is shown as 20mw. Some might see this as a under-powered amp. But they state it will drive HD800.

Also there are no internal photos or schematics, sure would be nice to see at least some internal photos??

It may be they just want to protect their investment?

Nice looking to me, but I would want to listen to it and see what their pricing is...

Thanks for posting..

Alex