Any Uk Virtue audio dudes out there?

Mattyboy

Any Uk Virtue audio dudes out there?
« on: 17 Sep 2010, 07:00 pm »
Hi I'm Matt from sunny Somerset..

I'm very intrigued by these Virtue t class amps but notice that there are no uk suppliers/dealers.

I currently run a valve amp, have children and subsequently am restricted to evening use only..boo hoo.

My thinking is get a virtue for use in the day but I'm also open to it actually sounding better than what I have..

Forum members thoughts on this would be appreciated..

System

Astintrew At 3500 plus

Almarro 318 b

Vandersteen model one

Cheers Matt
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2010, 09:47 pm by Mattyboy »

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: Any Uk Virtue audio dudes out there?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2010, 07:20 pm »
dba can hook you up!

Nuuk

• Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
    • Decibel Dungeon
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2010, 08:45 pm »
Mattyboy, how far are you from this? (or is it too cryptic?)  :wink:

Mattyboy

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2010, 09:48 pm »
dba can hook you up!

He can!

How?

Mattyboy

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2010, 09:53 pm »
Mattyboy, how far are you from this? (or is it too cryptic?)  :wink:

I should know where this is right?

I don't think its Weston-Super-Mare  :wtf:

challenging this  :roll:

So... is there anywhere in the uk I can check out the virtue love?

Nuuk

• Decibel Dungeon
« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2010, 10:01 pm »
You've got it round the wrong way. One more clue which should be easier for you.

PS Don't call me love.  :lol:

Mattyboy

« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2010, 10:09 pm »
You've got it round the wrong way. One more clue which should be easier for you.

/quote]

I haven't a clue darling

quit the quiz and give me the meat  :D

Mattyboy

« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2010, 10:10 pm »

/quote]

I haven't a clue darling

quit the quiz and give me the meat  :D

Bloody nice photography by the way  :o

Nuuk

• Decibel Dungeon
« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2010, 10:13 pm »
Shame on you you wurzel!

I am trying to tell you that the Virtue sound is available for audition in Burnham-on-sea.

Mattyboy

« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2010, 10:19 pm »
Shame on you you wurzel!

I am trying to tell you that the Virtue sound is available for audition in Burnham-on-sea.

Shame..... your right I cant believe I don't recognize something from only 20 or so miles away...

I'm a hop skip and jump away in wurzel Yatton ..what amps you runnin dude?

Nuuk

• Decibel Dungeon
« Reply #10 on: 17 Sep 2010, 10:24 pm »
Got the ONE.2 and Sensation here if you want a listen.  :thumb:

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #11 on: 18 Sep 2010, 02:41 pm »
Sorry gents, i've been away with customers in Sweden this week - back now for a couple of weeks :wink:

Looks like NUUK will be your best bet for a quick audition, if you'd like something a bit more then head to the National HiFi show at Whittlebury Hall on the 25th & 26th of September (next weekend and i've got so much to do  :o )

Link: http://www.chestergroup.org//index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

dba - demand better audio, is launching at the show as you'll see on the main-page of the link above.

We're trying to firm-up VA pricing for the show and methods by which people can make their purchases, in combinations with dba components or on their own.

Best to go have a listen with the NUUK and then decide how many and what types of Virtues suite you want, lol, no kidding you may want more than one - they're addictive and we do not recommend anyone else for full spectrum :thumb:

All the best,
Danny.

Mattyboy

« Reply #12 on: 18 Sep 2010, 08:08 pm »
Got the ONE.2 and Sensation here if you want a listen.  :thumb:

Cheers   :thumb: ..that's a very kind offer.

Drop me a line with your contact details at mattworlock@hotmail.com and Ill give you a bell and arrange to meet up...Im thinking of either starting with a 2 2 and then getting another and bi-amping or may just go ahead and get the fully tricked out sensation..either way i m very interested in running them on batteries...Im a security engineer and subsequently have a vast choice available!

Cheers Worzelboy Matt

Mattyboy

« Reply #13 on: 18 Sep 2010, 08:19 pm »
Sorry gents, i've been away with customers in Sweden this week - back now for a couple of weeks :wink:

Looks like NUUK will be your best bet for a quick audition, if you'd like something a bit more then head to the National HiFi show at Whittlebury Hall on the 25th & 26th of September (next weekend and i've got so much to do  :o )

Link: http://www.chestergroup.org//index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

dba - demand better audio, is launching at the show as you'll see on the main-page of the link above.

We're trying to firm-up VA pricing for the show and methods by which people can make their purchases, in combinations with dba components or on their own.

Best to go have a listen with the NUUK and then decide how many and what types of Virtues suite you want, lol, no kidding you may want more than one - they're addictive and we do not recommend anyone else for full spectrum :thumb:

All the best,
Danny.

Cheers dude!...not sure how far the show is from the village of the damned...so a visit to Nuuk's is something i would like to arrange first..

As for how many..I was thinking about two 2.2's..What are the sonic benefits of doing this other than more power?...My speakers are 90 db currently run from an 18w SET..

Would your prices be any better than just ordering direct from Virtue. The only thing that bothers me is whether I would have to pay any import duties/tax?? and if so how much they would be?... currently the 2.2 works out at £340 ish dependent on exchange rate but not taking account import tax....

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #14 on: 19 Sep 2010, 01:23 pm »
Hi Mattyboy,

I have a TWO.2 - sonically amazing product and seems to be able to power any speaker deeper and harder than much larger amplifiers. The key to its ability is the way you power it, consider that when you make your purchase  :wink:

We will have a show % reduction that will last for a couple of weeks but these are related to the Carbon/Kevlar versions so i don't think i could beat your £340.

However, as for import tax - after buying many products from Virtue i can advise that the DHL process is the best way to receive your goods. Handily they'll send you an import duty invoice some weeks after your purchase at about 15% of the worth, in your case around £50.

Hope this helps :thumb: and if you ever want a fresh look then please get in touch and i'll support you direct with an audiocircle discount :thumb:

Danny.

Mattyboy

« Reply #15 on: 19 Sep 2010, 02:24 pm »
Hi Mattyboy,

I have a TWO.2 - sonically amazing product and seems to be able to power any speaker deeper and harder than much larger amplifiers. The key to its ability is the way you power it, consider that when you make your purchase  :wink:

We will have a show % reduction that will last for a couple of weeks but these are related to the Carbon/Kevlar versions so i don't think i could beat your £340.

However, as for import tax - after buying many products from Virtue i can advise that the DHL process is the best way to receive your goods. Handily they'll send you an import duty invoice some weeks after your purchase at about 15% of the worth, in your case around £50.

Hope this helps :thumb: and if you ever want a fresh look then please get in touch and i'll support you direct with an audiocircle discount :thumb:

Danny.

Ok this raises quite a few questions...

1) Do you supply Virtue products

2) What is your pricing for the various virtue amps?

3) How do I get audiocircle discount, through you or otherwise?

I'm also interested to know what is the best way of powering the 2.2?..batteries/vs various linear or switching power supplies?

What are the benefits of using two of these and how are they configured to be used with speakers with pos and neg single inputs??

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #16 on: 19 Sep 2010, 02:44 pm »
Mattyboy-I'm not in UK but use a TWO.2 with the 30V/130Watt power supply and power some efficient JBL- 4312A Control Monitors (they are 91db efficient) in a room thats about 18 X 12 ft, and I get plenty of power. As DBA mentioned the power supply is key, battery powered is probably cleanest but the 30/130 is an excellent choice. :thumb:

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #17 on: 19 Sep 2010, 02:53 pm »
Ooo Questions, i like :thumb:

Ans1. Although i would love to supply Virtue Audio Products directly i'm busy launching dba* and our suite of products. We hope to be a POS for Virtue Audio but i can't see this initiating until 2011, sorry :(

Ans2. Our pricing for the show, everyone needs a show-special right :wink: we'll be offering complimentary Carbon/Kevlar elements to purchases made directly through Virtue Audio. We don't feel its right to discount another companies products for the sake of our own promotion.

Ans3. As with our involvement on other forums, discounts relative to a forum are at the digression of the seller and also the appreciation of the potential buyers ability to research products on the net. So, you're a member of Audiocircle and you've made contact via the forum, thats 15% right there (its sort of a discount for intelligence, i just wish more people appreciated this approach).

*In Brief: We at dba are only interested in the most environmentally efficient was to enjoy audio, Class-T has been our amplification backbone since our start in 2005, the Class' sonic ability supports our performance characteristics. We have explored Class-T products from every continent, i have a loft full of boards and amplifiers - we now ONLY recommend Virtue Audio products (HYPEX for Subwoofers), we feel at this time and for some time to come they are unmatched.

Personally i have a Paul Hynes PSU (approx £450) and it extends beyond Batteries however Battery solutions sonically, IMO, give the best overall result.

As for your last comment/question - i don't fully understand it? If you're asking if 2 amps could be connected to supply a speaker arrangement that doesn't split the highs and lows - i'm no bridging Guru but i'd say "NO!" Class-T's don't like being bridged any further (their original topology is already bridged at silicon level). I'd also say you wouldn't need to try that approach either, sample a TWO.2 with NUUK and see if the clarity and SPL are what you're looking for - the Sensation is cleaner and more expansive in all aspects but also has greater ins and outs so is more like a rack/centre-piece item than the TWO.2......I have seen a TWO.2 power a set of ML Electrostatics, it looked like a watch battery was powering a Sky-Scraper and sounded fantastic.
Judging a book by its cover is a mistake with the TWO.2, but its a mistake worth making IMO because the joy afterwards is very satisfying.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #18 on: 19 Sep 2010, 08:48 pm »
Matt,
Please order directly from me.  DBA will handle any returns or problems.  The price for shipping to the EU + customs is high.  I'm sorry.
Seth

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #19 on: 20 Sep 2010, 10:36 am »
Happy to be of support  :D
Once the UK (&Eire) family grows we'll gain influence :wink: and be able to establish a refined conduit for Sales and Developments from Virtue Audio.

We have specific power requirements and specifications on our fair Isle and to date i think we're not facing any UK specific issues, this is good  :)

Danny.