Love my Sensation M 901 amps now what speakers?

tabrink

• lake life is good
Love my Sensation M 901 amps now what speakers?
« on: 6 Jul 2010, 02:25 am »
Currently I am just profoundly blown away with my 2nd Sensation amp and Eric Alexanders Tekton 8.1t speakers which definitely smooth out the mid- and high-frequency responses from all listening positions. I  just can not wait to get my first Sensation back with Gary's upgrades. These two are a match made in heaven.  :eyebrows:
The The Piano M1 CD player is absolutely on fire with such precision sounds that I have never heard before . Before I found Seth's Virtue Audio and Eric's Tekton speakers  I never knew the string bass player was talking to him self onstage on Jen Chapins  Revisions SACD or the huge soundstage from floor to ceiling when Shawn Phillips fronted the London Symphony Orchestra.  I am now in Row "G" front and center every night live from my listening room.
I can not believe the sound quality vs. the extreme high value for little money outlay!
I have now used my Sensation amps with the Tekton, Proac and Ascend speakers and it just exceeds my expectations every time.
Music room numero uno is the Sensation, M1 Piano and Omega Super Hemp..
Curious what speakers you are using with your Sensation?
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2010, 04:39 am by tabrink »

dvenardos

Re: Love my Sensation M 901 amps now what speakers?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jul 2010, 08:10 pm »
Did you see this thread on speakers for the One?
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=80492.0

sneezingdog

« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug 2010, 06:28 pm »
Ordered the Sensation 901 over the weekend and am looking for some speakers. Tabrink, on the assumption that you listen to classical music, which set of speakers do you like best for classical?

momini1

« Reply #3 on: 9 Aug 2010, 08:13 pm »
Usher Tiny Dancers. I have listened with Tekton 6.5s and they were great for chamber music, jazz and singer-songwriter stuff. The Ushers just hit harder on blues and rock.

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2010, 04:26 am »
My current main setup has never sounded better and has evolved slowly and methodically as my listening level may not be as robust in loudness as some. Seth's Sensation, Piano and Omega SuperHemps  are so full, transparent and musical I am not sure my room has ever sounded any better. Complex symphonic energy charged passages give way to subtle brushes on snares and big baritone chesty vocals. Nora, Jen Chapin or Frank Sinatra come through in your face in your room.
Seriously the Virtue stuff excels with about anything but given the absolute lush Omega smoothness I have no reason not to love this good sound forever.
Seth and Louis need to hookup!

nigelnaim

« Reply #5 on: 10 Aug 2010, 03:00 pm »
I interested in speakers below $1000.00 for the Sensation M901/Piano M1 combo.  I listen to a wide variety of music including rock, blues, folk and jazz.  I am currently using the Paradigm Atom Monitors, but I am looking to upgrade.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

al128

« Reply #6 on: 10 Aug 2010, 10:38 pm »
I interested in speakers below $1000.00 for the Sensation M901/Piano M1 combo.  I listen to a wide variety of music including rock, blues, folk and jazz.  I am currently using the Paradigm Atom Monitors, but I am looking to upgrade.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

see if the hornshoppe Horns work for you ... cant praise them enough (check out another thread floating around here for more information)

cheers and best of luck
al

bpfrimpter

Re: Match Made in Heaven Virtue Audio and Tekton
« Reply #7 on: 17 Aug 2010, 12:41 pm »
Was an audiophile back in the 70's ...owned marantz integrated 1200b , revox a77, empire turntable, bozak cs501 speakers. In 1990 divorce and lost job all was lost.
Last year I got the 2 channel audio itch again  and started working my way up with used Sansui and other older equipment. This past year Eric Alexander at Tekton Design built me a pair of 6.0's, a 2 way bookshelf design at a very affordable price. Pushing these speakers with a ADS R1 receiver was almost gratifying. I knew of Tekton's reputation and Eric Alexanders knowledge base, therefore I felt like I was missing something in my music. (I am a critical listener). Recently I purchased a used Virtue Audio One.1 Classic with the basic power supply and still didn't fel the music. Well yesterday my 30volt 130 watt Virtue Audio power supply arrived and all I can say is WOW.
The Tekton/Virtue Audio combination is excellant.
Eric Alexander told me a that a Virtue Amplifier would light his speakers up and boy was he correct.
The staff at Virtue are also EXCELLANT to deal with.
Can't wait to upgrade my Tekton 8.1's and a Virtue Two.2 or maybe a Sensation.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: Tonain TL-D1
« Reply #8 on: 17 Aug 2010, 04:56 pm »
I have it from a good sources that the Tonain TL-D1 is just a fabulous match with our speakers. 

I personally cannot get my head around paying $2,500 for a 2-way but I trust that they're worth the money, if you have it.  Fostex 8" + ribbon in a big box is sort of a no-brainer.

dvenardos

« Reply #9 on: 17 Aug 2010, 05:34 pm »
The GR research Neo 2x sound great with the Virtue Two. Add a small sub and you will be in great shape.
Good deal on a pair here:
http://www.tweakcityaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2636
You can buy a pair professionally assembled here:
http://www.skiingninja.com/category-s/151.htm

Thanks.

PSB Guy

« Reply #10 on: 17 Aug 2010, 06:30 pm »
You can buy a pair professionally assembled here:
http://www.skiingninja.com/category-s/151.htm
Unfortunately, they no longer offer the fully assembled N2X, I asked :(.

Cornelis

Sparky14

« Reply #11 on: 17 Aug 2010, 07:07 pm »
Look under the GR Research thread, there are guys that do N2X assembly.

dvenardos

« Reply #12 on: 17 Aug 2010, 10:05 pm »
Bummer, I wonder why Sean stopped doing that?  :scratch:
Well, you can still have him build the crossovers which doesn't leave much work.

Unfortunately, they no longer offer the fully assembled N2X, I asked :(.

Cornelis

funkle

« Reply #13 on: 18 Sep 2010, 08:46 pm »
Has anyone tried the Era D4 or D5 with the Sensation? I auditioned both 2 days ago (driven by a Peachtrea Nova) and was pretty impressed. Imaging was superb and the bass was impressive on both. Generally very musical & involving speakers.

I'm currently using Krix Equinox with my M901. These are some pretty fun little  Australian bookshelves which work pretty well in my setup. Now I'm wondering in the Eras would be an improvement.