Texas/Oklahoma Omega Owners

thetakeout

Texas/Oklahoma Omega Owners
« on: 24 May 2022, 10:02 pm »
Hello All,

I really want to hear a set of the 7" or 8" ferrite driver that Louis makes.  I am in the DFW area.   

Is there anyone in the Texas/Oklahoma region with a set of Omegas with the 7" or 8" drivers that would be willing to let me here them?!?!?!?

Fingers crossed. 

kmcelyea

Re: Texas/Oklahoma Omega Owners
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2022, 01:41 am »
Hi -
I'm in Oklahoma City and have Omega SAM's so the model is a little higher than you were asking about. However it might give you an idea on the Omega sound. If you are interested let me know?

Thanks,
Kevin McElyea

thetakeout

« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2022, 01:09 am »
kmcelyea,

Just seeing this.  Thanks so much for offering up the listen.  I currently have a set of Alnico based Omegas.  I also have been lucky enough to hear the smaller ferrite driver that Louis sells.  But I haven't been lucky enough to hear his larger Ferrite drivers yet.

I go up to Oklahoma from time to time.  I will yell at you maybe we can get together and talk hifi.

John

kmcelyea

« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2022, 01:28 am »
John,
 I would love that.

Kevin

peterpopuli

« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2022, 07:14 pm »
I live in DFW and have several Omegas. Did a project outfitting my vintage Volvo wagon with Omega Alnico drivers, the 6” CAM drivers in the rear and some 4” Alnico Hemp driver Louis made many years ago in the front. Did some ADS 7” subs, Soundstream Class A 50 amps for the Omegas and a Nakamichi sub amp for the subs up front. Rolling with a Nakamichi TD-800 Tape deck/Tuner head unit, and a Milbert tube preamp crossover ro control the subs. A lot of fun and sounds amazing.

I own some Super 8 Alnico XRS speakers as well still in the box in storage, but if you have interest in them, I could pull them out to listen to. Not planning to set them up anytime soon though.

I owned some of the old Super 3 XRS years ago with the banana pulp white paper ferrite driver that sounded amazing! Had a sweetness to it that comes out in a small room with SET tubes that can hardly be described, but feels so pleasing to enjoy.

Peace!

thetakeout

« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2022, 03:39 am »
You just blew my mind with that Omega car project!

Super 8 xrs.  I need to pm you about those.  I'm guessing I want to hear those. 

Thanks for the reply!

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2022, 01:40 pm »
I live in DFW and have several Omegas. Did a project outfitting my vintage Volvo wagon with Omega Alnico drivers, the 6” CAM drivers in the rear and some 4” Alnico Hemp driver Louis made many years ago in the front. Did some ADS 7” subs, Soundstream Class A 50 amps for the Omegas and a Nakamichi sub amp for the subs up front. Rolling with a Nakamichi TD-800 Tape deck/Tuner head unit, and a Milbert tube preamp crossover ro control the subs. A lot of fun and sounds amazing.

I own some Super 8 Alnico XRS speakers as well still in the box in storage, but if you have interest in them, I could pull them out to listen to. Not planning to set them up anytime soon though.

I owned some of the old Super 3 XRS years ago with the banana pulp white paper ferrite driver that sounded amazing! Had a sweetness to it that comes out in a small room with SET tubes that can hardly be described, but feels so pleasing to enjoy.

Peace!

Omega drivers in a car.  8)

snatex

« Reply #7 on: 5 Dec 2022, 09:23 pm »
I am in DFW and would like to see and hear a pair of Omega speakers too. Please let me know if you are selling a pair and/or can audition them. Thanks.