Super 3 HO Monitors coming soon!

quiller

Super 3 HO Monitors coming soon!
« on: 26 Sep 2022, 04:16 am »
Hello!

I'll be joining the family soon.

I ordered the Super 3 HO Monitors in zebrawood on 8/25/22.

Does anyone know the rough lead time? I used their online contact form last week, but haven't heard back.

I think they'll be perfect in our small, two-channel listening room. I have a digital system in place now, but wanted a parallel analog system for my turntable.

The amp, speaker stands and cables are all in place. :-)

Thanks!

JP

AdamP

Re: Super 3 HO Monitors coming soon!
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2022, 12:48 pm »
What is the rest of your system ? I got the Super 3i's last year, love them so much looking to upgrade. I also have a small room and deciding between the Super 3 HO's and the CAM's. Did you consider the CAM's and if so why did you go for the Super 3 HO's ?

When I purchased wait time was 8 weeks from order to dispatch, I don't know what they are at the moment. Delivery was quick and efficient even though I'm in England.

quiller

« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2022, 07:50 pm »
Thanks for asking, Adam.

I’ve got an entry-level Music Hall mmf-1.5 turntable, MoFi StudioPhono and Analog Ethos Legendarium tube amp. The amp is new. I’ll be using Kanto 22” stands (cable management, larger top plate and fillable—though I might not need to fill them. The baseplate is really heavy).

In the same space I have a KEF LS50 Wireles II system. Needless to say, it was killing me to run the turntable through the LS50s.

Which brings me to why I didn’t go with CAMs. They are four inches wider. The extra eight inches would have caused me problems when placing the new speakers along a short’ish wall.

Thanks for the heads up on timing. I was thinking a couple months, but wishful thinking I would have a shipping notice great me every morning since I placed the order!  :lol:

JP

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2022, 01:25 pm »
Super 3 HO Monitors in zebrawood

+

Analog Ethos Legendarium tube amp.

=   :dance:

quiller

« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2022, 03:05 pm »
Made my day, Opnly Bafld!

This is a new direction for me. :D

JP

effluviography

« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2022, 01:06 am »
I have Omega 3xrs, 3i and custom CAMs. Love all the speakers. The Custom CAM Louis built is roughly the same size as a 3i, so if you really want the alnico sound, it is possible to have something made that will be a better size fit. I really enjoyed the 3i, but have a love for alnico speakers for Hifi and for guitar. Use the 3xrs and 3i in secondary systems and the CAM's in my main one with a Decware Mini-Torii.

I'd be curious about your impressions of the Analog Ethos Legendarium - those are some beautiful looking amps.

Cheers - Scott

quiller

« Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2022, 02:43 am »
Thanks, Scott!

I wasn’t aware of the flexibility for customizations at the time I placed the order.  :?

Anyway, I’m not familiar with this type of speaker so I’m sure it will be a beautiful thing!

JP

AdamP

« Reply #7 on: 3 Oct 2022, 12:59 pm »
I have Omega 3xrs, 3i and custom CAMs. Love all the speakers. The Custom CAM Louis built is roughly the same size as a 3i, so if you really want the alnico sound, it is possible to have something made that will be a better size fit. I really enjoyed the 3i, but have a love for alnico speakers for Hifi and for guitar. Use the 3xrs and 3i in secondary systems and the CAM's in my main one with a Decware Mini-Torii.

I'd be curious about your impressions of the Analog Ethos Legendarium - those are some beautiful looking amps.

Cheers - Scott

Thanks Scott, that is really helpful information form a 3i and CAM owner.

jcn3

« Reply #8 on: 4 Oct 2022, 06:28 pm »

Does anyone know the rough lead time? I used their online contact form last week, but haven't heard back.

Thanks!

JP

Call Omega directly -- Louis is always available for a chat.

quiller

« Reply #9 on: 11 Oct 2022, 07:36 pm »
You’re right! I called.  :D

Louis spent a few gracious minutes listening to me prattle on about how I excited I am! Haha!

For the record, he projected another month or so. Now I can relax.  8)

It’s fitting that I called today! It’s my birthday and the speakers are actually a gift to myself (so is the amp)!

JP

jcn3

« Reply #10 on: 12 Oct 2022, 05:52 pm »
You’re right! I called.  :D

Louis spent a few gracious minutes listening to me prattle on about how I excited I am! Haha!

For the record, he projected another month or so. Now I can relax.  8)

It’s fitting that I called today! It’s my birthday and the speakers are actually a gift to myself (so is the amp)!

JP

Happy birthday!  Did you ask him about other options/customizations (just curious)?

quiller

« Reply #11 on: 12 Oct 2022, 07:57 pm »
Without speaking directly about customizations, I brought up CAMs.

Based on my installation against a wall and my hopes for a small room, lower volume solution, it sounds like I’m getting the right speakers!  8)

JP

the_nines

« Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2022, 06:52 pm »
Looks like a nice little speaker.

I had a chance to audition a couple of models from the Omega line (can't recall which ones) a couple of years ago, and I was really impressed.

quiller

« Reply #13 on: 31 Oct 2022, 02:58 am »
Looks like a nice little speaker.

I had a chance to audition a couple of models from the Omega line (can't recall which ones) a couple of years ago, and I was really impressed.

That’s great to hear!

I received shipping notification late last week!  8)

JP

quiller

« Reply #14 on: 5 Nov 2022, 06:49 pm »
I couldn’t help myself with a couple photos!

One of the feet for the stands was wonky, so when the replacement comes I’ll be able to channel the speaker cables through the stand.

It’s a pretty small bedroom in a three-story townhome. We converted the room to a two-channel listening room two years ago. We even gave it a name and had coasters made!  8)

There is Hue lighting everywhere. These pictures look sterile, but I needed light!

JP

the_nines

« Reply #15 on: 6 Nov 2022, 08:09 pm »
I couldn’t help myself with a couple photos!

One of the feet for the stands was wonky, so when the replacement comes I’ll be able to channel the speaker cables through the stand.

It’s a pretty small bedroom in a three-story townhome. We converted the room to a two-channel listening room two years ago. We even gave it a name and had coasters made!  8)

There is Hue lighting everywhere. These pictures look sterile, but I needed light!

JP

Congratulations, quiller.   

Looking nice! Enjoy them. I'm sure they sound fantastic right out of the box and they will sound even better.

I also bit the bullet last week, and the bullet is in Quartered Macassar Ebony. Louis confirmed my order and said 4-6 weeks. Sounds like a really nice guy.

I had been wanting to score a pair of Omegas ever since I heard them at my local store pre-Covid, but life got in the way. Your thread helped (convinced) me to pull the trigger. I'll post a pic once I receive them and set them up for my office system. I'll start another thread so as not to steal your thunder.

Enjoy and thank you, sir.

Cheers! 

quiller

« Reply #16 on: 6 Nov 2022, 09:22 pm »
Congratulations, quiller.   

Looking nice! Enjoy them. I'm sure they sound fantastic right out of the box and they will sound even better.

I also bit the bullet last week, and the bullet is in Quartered Macassar Ebony. Louis confirmed my order and said 4-6 weeks. Sounds like a really nice guy.

I had been wanting to score a pair of Omegas ever since I heard them at my local store pre-Covid, but life got in the way. Your thread helped (convinced) me to pull the trigger. I'll post a pic once I receive them and set them up for my office system. I'll start another thread so as not to steal your thunder.

Enjoy and thank you, sir.

Cheers! 

Thanks, The Nines!

I’ll be on the lookout for your thread!

It took about nine weeks for mine to arrive.

I’ve listened for the system for about five hours over two days.

Being that I have a new amp AND speakers, I can only describe what I’m hearing.

Immediacy, intimacy and clarity are words that come to mind. I was worried the system would be too warm, but I’m getting a very revealing (another word?) sound. In any event, what was lackluster before has now sprung to life.

I wasn’t enjoying my vinyl as played through the DACs of the KEF LS 50s.

I love streaming my pretty large digital music collection, but I wanted a different experience with analog.

I look forward to growing my vinyl collection now and seeing how things might ease as it settles in!

JP

Brad

« Reply #17 on: 8 Nov 2022, 02:01 am »
Love the Super 3s.
I've had them in my office in a fairly nearfield desktop config for the last couple of years, driven by a 45 tube amp.

Louis makes a good speaker!

jmolsberg

« Reply #18 on: 8 Nov 2022, 12:26 pm »
Beautiful speakers and setup! I've had these guys for 4.5 years  :D

seikosha

« Reply #19 on: 8 Nov 2022, 01:45 pm »
Nice clean look to that setup jmolsberg!