Omega Alnico 6.5 vs Zu Soul?

Kray

Omega Alnico 6.5 vs Zu Soul?
« on: 8 Dec 2020, 06:26 pm »
Any Omega Alnico owners ever owned or have a good comparison vs the Zu Souls?

I have the XRS Alnico towers, and was gonna build a second system and thought of the Zu Souls.

AvsFan

Re: Omega Alnico 6.5 vs Zu Soul?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2020, 10:39 pm »
Any Omega Alnico owners ever owned or have a good comparison vs the Zu Souls?

I have the XRS Alnico towers, and was gonna build a second system and thought of the Zu Souls.

Any luck with this yet?  :D

Kray

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2020, 11:52 pm »
Any luck with this yet?  :D

LOL. nope. But I did order some used Soul Superfly MK1-B’s to give it a go. And UPS screwed me royally. They delivered 1 speaker today and the other speaker is not due until Dec 30th  :duh:

thetakeout

« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2020, 06:17 am »
Super generic thoughts here with reference point.  But I have a strong hunch I’m correct.

Zu - More extended presentation.  More dynamic & live.

Omega - More micro-detail.  Warmer tone.  More intimate presentation.

Probably both excellent at low level.  My gut is the omega may outperform it at low levels.  My gut is the Zu plays louder. 

Both are probably excellent. 

I didn’t realize Zu was still producing the Superlfy.  I’ve seen the Soul & Soul Supreme on their site.  But hadn’t seen the Superfly recently.

I’m a Herb Reichert fan.  He likes the Soul Supreme so I’m betting the superfly is is good too.

I’m excited to hear how it plays out for you.

What amp will be on tap for them?

Kray

« Reply #4 on: 25 Dec 2020, 06:55 am »
Super generic thoughts here with reference point.  But I have a strong hunch I’m correct.

Zu - More extended presentation.  More dynamic & live.

Omega - More micro-detail.  Warmer tone.  More intimate presentation.

Probably both excellent at low level.  My gut is the omega may outperform it at low levels.  My gut is the Zu plays louder. 

Both are probably excellent. 

I didn’t realize Zu was still producing the Superlfy.  I’ve seen the Soul & Soul Supreme on their site.  But hadn’t seen the Superfly recently.

I’m a Herb Reichert fan.  He likes the Soul Supreme so I’m betting the superfly is is good too.

I’m excited to hear how it plays out for you.

What amp will be on tap for them?

Sorry I meant I bought them used. you're correct Zu no longer makes them. If I love them I may try to buy from Zu either the Soul or Soul Supreme.

I'm pairing single ended amps with them including a Oliver Sayes 45 and a Oliver Sayes 42... I also have a mint fully restored Sansui 555a I play Vinyl thru.

I'll update once I get the other Superfly.

BTW I also use a RSL 10" Speedwoofer with my setup. so any low-end is nicely filled there.