Which model Omega speakers, if any, would be my best choice?

Houston Kid

I’m just sort of putting out feelers for speaker ideas. All of the Omega speakers are within budget. The room is 12 x 15 feet, with hard surfaces all around, but also shades, upholstered furniture, and a rug. Placement is along a 12-foot wall, with the speakers ideally about 8 feet apart (only 2 feet from the corners). That’s a little bit flexible. Amplifier choices are to be determined, but probably my existing 45-watt Audio Research CA50. Also available is a REL T7/i subwoofer.

What I would hope to achieve is something that makes it all sound bigger than this smallish room. I’m hoping for an approximation of the cheap seats at the symphony, with the sound just present in the room.  Given all that, any thoughts about Omega speakers in general or specific models? Thanks for any input.

FireGuy

Re: Which model Omega speakers, if any, would be my best choice?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2020, 04:20 pm »
I would look at the CAM.  You can also contact Louis for recommendations.  Great guy and an awesome resource.  He also does one-off designs.

Houston Kid

« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2020, 09:56 pm »
I would look at the CAM.  You can also contact Louis for recommendations.  Great guy and an awesome resource.  He also does one-off designs.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe the CAM is the one to consider.  Stand mount would allow control over the height.

mick wolfe

« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2020, 05:50 pm »
To get the effect you're looking for, I believe you should consider acoustic room treatments.  They can indeed make the room sound "bigger" if properly implemented. In regard to speaker choices and as already mentioned, consult Louis in regard to your particular situation.

RDavidson

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2020, 06:03 pm »
Agree with that. The CAM's are a great recommendation, but definitely give Louis a call. He's truly a pleasure to work with and an all around great guy to boot.

seikosha

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2020, 07:51 pm »
Mick got it right.  In my experience, the easiest way to make your room sound bigger is to properly treat it with bass traps, absorbers and diffusers.  Made a huge improvement In my situation and really opened up the room.

Houston Kid

« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2020, 10:27 pm »
I appreciate the additional replies. I filled my shopping cart at a panel manufacturer’s website several weeks ago (with their consulting help) and have never completed the order. Maybe now is the time.