OB-5 crossover layout

wgallupe

OB-5 crossover layout
« on: 13 Apr 2014, 05:39 pm »
Trying to figure out how to lay out the inductors for minimum interference with each other. Looking at the pics, does anyone see any problems?  The piece of cardboard under the parts represents the available space in the OB-5 according to the drawings. I'm a little concerned about the large 12uh iron core coil interfering with the tweeter circuit coils. What do you guys think?

Danny Richie

Re: OB-5 crossover layout
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2014, 09:13 pm »
That one is not so easy to lay out and make it all fit into the bottom of the box. When I build those out I make a two layer board. In other words put them on two separate boards and stack them on top of each other using some small MDF pieces that are around 3" tall.

wgallupe

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2014, 02:45 pm »
Thanks for the reply Danny. Glad you chimed in. I'll mount the iron core inductor together with its partner caps and resistor on one of the  braces above the cut out piece in the base.

Another question: How much Acousta Stuff should I put in each enclosure? Just in the areas behind the two drivers? (the enclosures are lined with NoRez). 

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2014, 05:07 pm »
Just use the Acousta Stuff in the back half of the cabinet and make it a pretty loose fill, and not packed in.