Whomp subwoofer

dawkimi

Whomp subwoofer
« on: 10 Jul 2003, 05:51 am »
Hi Rick,

I am interested in your Whomp subwoofer product and had a few questions.  What is the weight of the subwoofer?  Also, why did you decide to use the Keiga(?) plate amp for this project?  Does it allow for the standard adjustements which maximize setup and placement flexibility (phase, crossover filters, volume, etc.).  Do you offer an in home trial period for your speakers?   I appreciate any information or feedback you can provide.  Thanks for your time and attention.

Mike

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Whomp subwoofer
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2003, 10:54 pm »
Quote from: dawkimi
Hi Rick,

I am interested in your Whomp subwoofer product and had a few questions.  What is the weight of the subwoofer?  Also, why did you decide to use the Keiga(?) plate amp for this project?  Does it allow for the standard adjustements which maximize setup and placement flexibility (phase, crossover filters, volume, etc.).  Do you offer an in home trial period for your speakers?   I appreciate any information or feedback you can provide.  Thanks for your time and attention.

Mike

The total weight is 52 lbs. (including the base and grille). The plate amp was chosen for performance and features. This includes a phase reversal switch, adjustable crossover points (50-100hz), volume control, and crossover bypass switch.

For the Whomp I don't offer a in-home trial; however, I can say that I've had no complaints or returns. I do currently have in-home demo units for my RC3 and SSV speakers.

harvardian

• http://www.dipchipelec.com
Whomp subwoofer
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2003, 12:22 am »
Hi Mike,

The Whomp unit is much, much more musical than my VMPS larger sub. It does not have as much very deep output, but really sounds great with my SS8530 speakers. It is quick and highly changeable.

Dale

P.S. Well worth the price. I built a simple box and it worked out great.

dawkimi

Whomp sub
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2003, 03:14 am »
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Please check your PM.  Thanks.

Mike

stvnharr

Whomp subwoofer
« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2004, 07:02 am »
How are others who have The Whomp Sub liking it?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
spectacular subwoofer
« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2004, 02:34 pm »
Quote from: stvnharr
How are others who have The Whomp Sub liking it?

The Whomp! has been a great success and I've sold more of them than anything else that I've designed. You can post at Madisound to get feedback from several people who are using the subwoofer.

ooheadsoo

Whomp subwoofer
« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2004, 11:05 pm »
I should add that Rick's price on the kit is very good.  It's nicer to buy the kit from Rick than to buy the parts individually.