Sold

jsjs13

Sold
« on: 27 May 2018, 08:02 pm »
Now Sold.  Here for sale is a very nice DAC from John Tucker of Exemplar Audio.  This particular unit was his last pre-production unit and includes the identical chassis and chip-set as the production units.  Some of John's modified DACs have popped up for sale in the past, so I want to make clear that this is not one of his modified units, but a full-on, designed from the ground up model and as far as I know the only DAC John Tucker has produced for his eXception line of products. 

The eXception DAC punches way above its weight and my asking price.  I purchased this from the original owner who compared it to his Schiit Yggdrasil and felt that the eXception won out hands down.

Specs include: 
2 S/PDIF inputs (Digital Coax) 
2 Toslink (Optical)   
CS8416 Digital Receiver Chip 
CS4398 DAC Chip 
Individually shunt regulated, tube output stages utilizing any tube in the "6922" tube family
Original Russian "OTK" 6N2P tubes provided by John Tucker
Urushi output capacitors   

I have not posted many items here for sale in the past, but have a solid 100% eBay feedback.  Profile: cal_audio_labz.
I do have the original eXemplar Audio packaging and will utlilize professional packing materials for safe delivery.

Photos:

« Last Edit: 29 May 2018, 04:46 pm by jsjs13 »