F1-2011--An excellent F1 racing sim...Finally!!!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
F1-2011--An excellent F1 racing sim...Finally!!!
« on: 25 Sep 2011, 02:15 pm »
I enjoy racing games for PS3, always have, always will...a few years back I got my hands on the first F1 racing sim Codemasters whipped up and it was OK, it was a start and it first the cars were so easy to drive I wondered "why!"....when I realized they were easy because all the driver assists were on I took them off and the fun began, now it was hard to keep them on the track at the simulated 150+ MPH speeds and you felt the speed, it was a huge step in the right direction.
  Then F1 2010 came out and it was even harder to drive the cars but the sense, the feeling of actually racing at high speeds was there in spades. I played off and on for a year and the past 6 months I really tried to learn it, drive them and finish better than 24th place. It took me 6 months of daily play to get proficient enough to win ONE race, 1!!! and only 1....LOL.
 F1 2011 came out Tuesday and I was able to get a copy with pumpkinmans help driving me to pick it up from Gamestop.
 They got this one right, you feel the weight of the race care, the go fast thing is there and they did away with some dumb features leftover from the previous versions and made this one look better, feel better, everything makes sens and you don't need a PHD in Physics to drive these cars. The first time I drove them in this new game I knew right away this was the best one yet, by far....now I got a chance to win more often and after putting the game down for a few hours, I race to get back to it, its a ball now!!! I think its the best F1 sim out there but I haven't tried alot of them because there aren't many. If you like F1 and have a xbox 360, PS3, or PC to play it on check it out. I picked it up yesterday and have been pretty much playing it non-stop since.
 If anybody gets a copy for PS3 give me a shout and we'll play online as a team-US against the world....LOL....VROOM, VROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: