Axpona 2019

dminches

Axpona 2019
« on: 14 Apr 2019, 01:10 pm »
Richard and team had the System 9 at the show and it sounded great.

The system nine consists of the Model 7 MKIIs, a pair of M7-HPAs, a pair of sub nines and the new granite bases for the Models 7s.  The room was huge and the system had no problems filling the air.

The were about 10 rows of seats set up with many in or near the sweet spot.  I sat in THE best seat for the entirety of Van Morrison’s Tupelo Honey.  The speakers just disappeared and the space between the Model 7s was filled with music.

Audioquest cabling was used for the interconnects and power cords.  The sources including both digital and a turntable with electronics by Channel D.

Here is a link to an early review of the room. https://www.stereophile.com/content/vandersteen-system-9-speakers-and-amplification-channel-d-lino-c-phono-stage-audioquest

I got a chance to talk to Richard for about 15 minutes which is always fun.

For anyone who owns the M7-HPAs, he is recommending lowing the bias on them which serves to both improve the sound and reduce the operating temperatures.  He will walk anyone who wants to do this on their own through the process.  I plan to do it this week.