Incoming Murdersickles!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Incoming Murdersickles!
« on: 31 Oct 2021, 07:53 am »
Many years ago I spent a Winter beating on a 2004 955 Triumph Sprint RS and went through it stem to stern, upgraded stuff, added hard luggage, got it where it should be and then stupidly sold it to a fellow in Texas named Hap.
His girlfriend sat on it and said, "FINALLY!"
We became friends and he has a fairly extensive motorcycle collection, he's been riding and buying and selling bikes for probably 60 years now.
Once he rode the bike I sold him he pretty much parked all of the other ones.

I hadn't heard from him since the pandemic hit and became concerned so I tracked him down last night.
He was still kicking but had some other really serious health problems but got it licked.
During the course of the conversation I somehow managed to buy TWO motorcycles from him, both Triumph 955 Sprints in need of the tender ministrations of The Magic Hammer.
One belongs to a mutual friend who is no longer amongst the living and he said he wanted it to go to someone special, one his grandson crashed while being a young idiot.
He said I'll tell you what, I'll give you the other one (the grandson's victim) for the cost of shipping.

That should keep me out of mischief!
Here's the black one I finished up for him, we'll see if I can't get these other two to turn out as well.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
Re: Incoming Murdersickles!
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2021, 01:09 pm »
Sounds like some fun winter projects in the shop! Always enjoyed wrenching while it's cold and rainy. Having a memorial project makes it even better, so have some fun and share some photos along the way.  :thumb:

Doublej

« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2021, 01:10 pm »
I think you mean suicidecycles, no? Good luck with the restores. The pictures of your previous work look fabulous.

Can I send you my Bridgestone MB-5 for a rebuild?  :)

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2021, 01:25 pm »
I have to laugh now - I sold that black one because I was out in the garage thinking it's kind of stupid to own two of the exact same model.
Now I'm going to have FOUR of the exact same model!
It could be worse, I could have five of the same thing...

One of my friends had a Bridgestone two stroke back in the late 70s and it had totally clapped out suspension.
Riding it was like being on a pogo stick, I'm surprised he didn't kill himself hitting a speed bump.
Last I heard he bought a helicoptor.

mcgsxr

« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2021, 05:09 pm »
Half my online handle comes from the Suzuki GSXR.  I owned 14 of them.  Many purchased as crashed bikes, or bikes for parts.

I ended up building some fantastic Frankenbikes from them, things that Suzuki never intended, but sure went together well and rode great.  Think 750 frames with 1100 brakes, motors and suspension.  No bodywork as I was near the beginning of the whole streetfighter timeline with sport bikes being turned back into "standards".

Miss those days, but enjoying my summer car.

Good luck with the build!
« Last Edit: 1 Nov 2021, 11:43 pm by mcgsxr »

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 1 Nov 2021, 07:10 pm »
It looks like I'll only have 3 of the same model.
I'll fix up the late Kit's RS and will fix up the other one for AVNerdguy up in MN.
Kind of keeping it in the family, so to speak.
He's certainly done me enough favors, kind of nice to do one in return.