Amplifiers with IcePower 1200AS2, class D module

OzarkTom

Re: Amplifiers with IcePower 1200AS2, class D module
« Reply #82 on: 8 Apr 2018, 08:32 pm »
Not a 1200 or Icepower, but you still might want to check the Bellissimo amp out at Axpona. 4000 watts?

OzarkTom

« Reply #83 on: 8 Apr 2018, 10:01 pm »
Bellissimo is trying to get a 12oo amp up and running in time for Axpona.

No, this is not an ICEPower based amp. Rushing production of a 1200 for it to make an appearance and hoping to have it there on time.

All the specs on this amp and others in the series will be posted shortly. This is a multichannel amp with DSP and a bunch of tricks and features never done before. The DSP is state of the art with 24/192k resolution and a GUI that is logical and easy to program. All in all this model took about 2 years to develop and get it to where it is now. It sounds incredible full range with a low frequency "slam" other class D amps lack especially in the 50-60hz region. The low end presence is a kick in the chest - it is tight & controlled with the speed/accuracy you expect from a class D but with a character similar to that of a lateral mosfet.

abuhannibal

« Reply #84 on: 9 Apr 2018, 05:49 am »
Has anyone here auditioned the bellissimo NC500 amps compared to Nord? Bellissimo is based very near where I  live; I always like to patronize local companies when and if I can.

OzarkTom

« Reply #85 on: 9 Apr 2018, 12:07 pm »
Has anyone here auditioned the bellissimo NC500 amps compared to Nord? Bellissimo is based very near where I  live; I always like to patronize local companies when and if I can.

You might check their new NC502MP. They told me that is better than their 500.

Studio19atx

« Reply #87 on: 9 Apr 2018, 01:41 pm »

The company is located here in the US, easier to deal with for any warranty claims etc. Their prices have been significantly lower than anything else being offered.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #88 on: 9 Apr 2018, 02:00 pm »
The company is located here in the US, easier to deal with for any warranty claims etc. Their prices have been significantly lower than anything else being offered.

Where, exactly, is it located in the US? There's no reference anywhere that I can see. (Just curious.)

« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2018, 10:25 pm by mresseguie »

maty

« Reply #89 on: 9 Apr 2018, 03:10 pm »
You might check their new NC502MP. They told me that is better than their 500.

The specs of NC 500 OEM are better. It need a buffer (cheap from Hypex or from other factory like Nord).

NC500MP OEM vs NC502MP OEM

They are worse than the previous one, which is what mattered to me when I investigated and discarded. You know, I usually listen to very good recordings.

With bad recordings like modern commercial music you do not need to spend a lot of money.

srb

« Reply #90 on: 9 Apr 2018, 03:32 pm »
Where, exactly, is it located in the US? There's no reference anywhere that I can see.

If a "company" can't afford to have a $5 - $10 a month hosted website, I don't know what to say.  If a company wants to have a Facebook presence in addition to their website, fine.

Facebook is an utterly awful structure to try and shoehorn a website into.  Sorry, but pass due to failure to perform due diligence.

OzarkTom

« Reply #91 on: 9 Apr 2018, 04:34 pm »
The specs of NC 500 OEM are better. It need a buffer (cheap from Hypex or from other factory like Nord).

They are worse than the previous one, which is what mattered to me when I investigated and discarded. You know, I usually listen to very good recordings.

With bad recordings like modern commercial music you do not need to spend a lot of money.

Just repeating what they messaged me. The company does have an Ebay store. That is what I have+Facebook selling picture frames. I have been on Ebay 20 years.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/ultrafiaudiovideo/m.html?item=222573491003&hash=item33d269f33b%3Ag%3A3iMAAOSwZshawuiX&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Studio19atx

« Reply #92 on: 9 Apr 2018, 04:45 pm »
Where, exactly, is it located in the US? There's no reference anywhere that I can see. (Just curious.)

As for being easier to deal with I can't say...Mike of Mivera is very easy to deal with and I know where he is located in BC.

The eBay and usaudiomart listings say they are located in New Jersey, United States. usaudiomart lists them as "manufacturer", I am curious as what criteria one has to meet to be listed as "manufacturer" by usaudiomart.

Mike is easier to work with, no doubt about that, but he does not offer anything except the ICE Edge amps at the moment. For Hypex one has to rely on Nord or ATI. ATI only offers linear power supply based amps.

Studio19atx

« Reply #93 on: 9 Apr 2018, 04:51 pm »

As a curiosity, how do the cheap buffers from hypex sound? What are their weaknesses?

Studio19atx

« Reply #94 on: 9 Apr 2018, 04:51 pm »
If a "company" can't afford to have a $5 - $10 a month hosted website, I don't know what to say.  If a company wants to have a Facebook presence in addition to their website, fine.

Facebook is an utterly awful structure to try and shoehorn a website into.  Sorry, but pass due to failure to perform due diligence.

You have a valid point.

maty

« Reply #95 on: 9 Apr 2018, 05:02 pm »
As a curiosity, how do the cheap buffers from hypex sound? What are their weaknesses?

Ask to bavmike, the expert in the NC500 buffer.

OzarkTom

« Reply #96 on: 9 Apr 2018, 05:14 pm »
Ebay has over 250 million worldwide shoppers. Amazon is probably the only one with more, maybe not. Even Harmon, Audio Heaven, Audio Advisor, and many other large audio  stores and companies sell there.

maty

« Reply #97 on: 9 Apr 2018, 05:17 pm »
Title of the thread: Amplifiers with IcePower 1200AS2, class D module.

OzarkTom

« Reply #98 on: 9 Apr 2018, 06:42 pm »
If you are going to Axpona this week, see if Bellissimo has their new  IcePower 1200AoS 1200 amp in room #CSS 578. Their might be some others also. :thumb:

OzarkTom

« Reply #99 on: 10 Apr 2018, 04:00 am »
According to their Facebook page, Bellissimo received their 1200as modules today.