I got a swarm

guf

I got a swarm
« on: 17 Jul 2020, 06:38 am »
One of Duke's AudioKinesis sets. I love it. Posting here because I only did it so my speakers would sound better, not because I wanted to fill in what my Klipsch Belle's can't do.  I learned, or bought into the idea that to have good sound in your room you need to control  20hz  to 200hz.
I've  have 2 rythmik subs with miniDSP and it was decent. And fun to set up. I really enjoy this AudioKinesis set up. I loosely set up with the "best" positioning but limited to my existing space constraints in my 13 by 19 room. I think it's very forgiving in my room. I'm running all wired in phase and crossing over 60-70 ish. One sub with the port open. the amp EQ running flat.  I'm excited to take some measurements and fine tune. I think my sound stage has greatly improved and the immersive feeling of presence is strong.   

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: I got a swarm
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2020, 11:31 am »
+1

Folsom

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2020, 12:25 pm »
One of Duke's AudioKinesis sets. I love it. Posting here because I only did it so my speakers would sound better, not because I wanted to fill in what my Klipsch Belle's can't do.  I learned, or bought into the idea that to have good sound in your room you need to control  20hz  to 200hz.
I've  have 2 rythmik subs with miniDSP and it was decent. And fun to set up. I really enjoy this AudioKinesis set up. I loosely set up with the "best" positioning but limited to my existing space constraints in my 13 by 19 room. I think it's very forgiving in my room. I'm running all wired in phase and crossing over 60-70 ish. One sub with the port open. the amp EQ running flat.  I'm excited to take some measurements and fine tune. I think my sound stage has greatly improved and the immersive feeling of presence is strong.

Nice! The Swarm does something I haven't heard replaced yet for presence.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2020, 01:42 pm »

Good on you!

As you know I am a swarm lover  :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

WC

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2020, 01:51 pm »
I just put in two Rythmik F15HPs and it has helped out my main speakers immensely for both music and movies. Just got a measurement microphone, so going to determine how good it can get. Will look to get more subs in the future to get out to 4. I like the idea of not being able to localize the bass.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2020, 02:32 pm »
Good for you! I'm envious!

The room where our TV sits was obviously (to me anyway) designed by a mad anti-acoustics architect, who I think ought to be keel hauled. I'm convinced it would benefit greatly from Duke's Swarm. However, I'm married to a woman who considers acoustic concerns irrelevant and a waste of money at best.   :duh:

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2020, 02:54 pm »
Congratulations on that upgrade!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2020, 04:08 pm »
However, I'm married to a woman who considers acoustic concerns irrelevant and a waste of money at best.   :duh:

The nice thing about subs is that they can be disguised as end tables:

Even better, check this out:

https://www.hidemysubwoofer.com

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #8 on: 17 Jul 2020, 04:57 pm »
Holy crap, nice find Tyson!

Best,
Anand.

Early B.

« Reply #9 on: 17 Jul 2020, 07:00 pm »
One of Duke's AudioKinesis sets. I love it. 

Pics are obligatory. Otherwise, it didn't happen.