Response Audio Bella Max Extreme

kingdeezie

Response Audio Bella Max Extreme
« on: 8 Mar 2015, 02:16 pm »
This is a stunning Purity One preamp forerunner, dressed head to toe in a dazzling waterfall bubinga chassis.

This unit was built in late 2008, and belonged to the infamous BigRedMachine. I purchased the unit from him in 2009, and have since, had it provide me with beautiful tunes since.

I am very sad to see this unit go, but there is a huge gain mismatch between it and my 36DB gain mono block amplifiers. I had, in the past, used this in conjunction with a Pass Labs 250.5 to great effect, as well as Odyssey Monos.

This is an all custom, beautiful Class A tubed preamplifier. It has an all Mundorf Cap power supply, and is point to point wired to perfection.

Volume control is handled exclusively by the included remote control.

The sound of this unit is stunning. Excellent detail, very natural, with just a hint of warmth. Perfect for those audiophiles who love the authority and control of a solid state amp, but are looking for just a dash of liquidity and tubby goodness.

I will say, the included tubes are fairly old, and should be replaced ASAP to improve the sound. The unit uses two 12AU7s.

The original price of the unit, direct from Response Audio, was $5000.

I am asking for 800 shipped. There isn't a single preamplifier on the market that could touch this preamplifier for anywhere near that price.

If you are looking for a reference tube preamplifier, at a budget price, this is your chance. I need the funds to cover the cost of my new preamp.

Thanks for looking!!

« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2015, 04:31 pm by kingdeezie »

blownrx7

Re: Response Audio Bella Max Extreme
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2015, 07:34 pm »
Stop teasing us. We need photos please :D

That's what I get for looking at this from work... :duh:
For some reason the photos get blocked and it shows no evidence of it.
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2015, 07:28 pm by blownrx7 »

robcentola

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2015, 07:06 pm »
Wow, that sure would look nice with my bubinga Salk VST's.

kingdeezie

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2015, 11:37 pm »
Weekly bump with price reduction!

RickRichardson

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2015, 05:31 am »
Can you be specific about the volume control parts?  Is it stepped(how many steps) or continuous?  What is the nature of the control - ladder resistors,  LDR?  It does not look like a motorized unit.  Thanks. 

kingdeezie

« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2015, 05:12 pm »
Can you be specific about the volume control parts?  Is it stepped(how many steps) or continuous?  What is the nature of the control - ladder resistors,  LDR?  It does not look like a motorized unit.  Thanks.

Rick,

I sent you a PM about this. As I stated before, I am not sure of the specifics of the volume control. I wish I knew, since I would love to answer your question, and potentially have you purchase the unit! I believe it is stepped attenuation, as the unit goes from 0-60 on the volume control. I am thinking it must use some sort of digital attenuation.

I do know that the volume unit has its own seperate power supply. Like I stated in the original post, this was a custom preamp made by Response Audio, and I am the second owner. I have had it for six years, and it has never had any issues. The unit sounds top notch. It sounds very close to my new VAC preamp, which is significantly more expensive.

For 1K, and with an amp that doesn't have 36 DBs of gain, it will be unbeatable regardless of the volume control specifics.

Sorry I can't be more specific with an answer to your question.   :(

kingdeezie

« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2015, 02:26 pm »
Bump!

kingdeezie

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2015, 04:30 pm »
Bump with price reduction to 800 shipped!