NX-Otica MTM flat packs are now in stock.

WarmColors

Re: NX-Otica MTM flat packs are now in stock.
« Reply #40 on: 22 Mar 2020, 07:21 am »
Danny,

How big is the crossover? Or the base of the speaker? I am considering mounting it on a speaker stand.
I just don't want to damage the cross over. Or is there a speaker stand you would recommend?

Sonicjoy

« Reply #41 on: 22 Mar 2020, 02:09 pm »
This is what I did on the NX-Studio Monitors I just completed. First get the dimensions of the base of the speakers then find a stand you want to use that has a top plate that fits within the speaker bottom. The size's are listed when looking at stands. Then once you get the stands in hand use them to lay out mounting holes on the speakers then drill and install threaded inserts. Get matching bolts for the inserts you choose that fit the holes in the stand. The bolts do not go all the way through the bottom of the speakers thus no issue with damaging the crossovers.

These stands are from Elac for their Adante' speakers. I like them because they are heavy duty, can be filled with sand or whatever and that Elac does not put their name on them. They are 23 1/2" tall and have adjustable spiked feet and come with nice beefy floor protectors. They may be perfect for the MTM based on what I have seen of them. They retail for $299. USd. I picked these up from Music Direct as an open box clearance deal for $240.

Hope this helps.

Captainhemo

« Reply #42 on: 22 Mar 2020, 05:44 pm »
The base is pretty big on the NX-MTM's.   I'd have to  open the file to get exact numbers but,   it's roughly  9.5"  at front,  16"  at rear and    16-17"  deep, it is 1" thick  ( at least the ones  we were cutting0.

With the  higher c/o  point to the subs ,  you  do want to keep  them   inline or as close as possible to the subs  which was  why the  dual h-frames  were  recommended in the other thread.

jay

Wind Chaser

« Reply #43 on: 23 Mar 2020, 04:41 am »

Oh man, those look very nice. From what I can see you did a great job.  :thumb: :thumb:

Scott Joplin

« Reply #44 on: 27 Oct 2020, 11:58 am »
Hi, I'm interested in this type of "L-frame" OB speaker, would you happen to know what the polar response is like, have you taken any measurements?

Danny Richie

« Reply #45 on: 27 Oct 2020, 05:13 pm »
Hi, I'm interested in this type of "L-frame" OB speaker, would you happen to know what the polar response is like, have you taken any measurements?

I took off axis measurements to 40 degrees each way. It looked great.

Scott Joplin

« Reply #46 on: 27 Oct 2020, 07:06 pm »
Hi, that's good, can you post polar response measurements please?

Barryg443

« Reply #47 on: 27 Oct 2020, 08:26 pm »
Will the nx-otica mtm speaker kit with flat pack be available when drivers come in?  I did not see it on new website. 

Barry

Danny Richie

« Reply #48 on: 31 Oct 2020, 01:39 pm »
Hi, that's good, can you post polar response measurements please?

Yep, let me sort how where I want to upload them. We're still trying to work out how to move pictures from my old server to the new one.

Will the nx-otica mtm speaker kit with flat pack be available when drivers come in?  I did not see it on new website. 

Barry

It will be.