BRYSTON BOT-1 (Bryston Optical Transport)

GASSMAN_67

Re: BRYSTON BOT-1 (Bryston Optical Transport)
« Reply #420 on: 11 May 2016, 10:03 am »
Correct..as an external pc drive, I rip lossless wav in win media player ripping with the bot. The mm interface is too slow...many mistakes...it. copies a few tracks then spits out the disc. You're right as a cool add on piece to play cd's and use from mm...but trying to rip 500 cds as this unit is intended...I would be in a padded cell and the bdp/bda/bot would be in the blue recycling bin at the end of my driveway smashed to pieces...
Just my 2 cents

Norton

« Reply #421 on: 12 May 2016, 09:52 am »
Chris

Are there any operating notes to go with (what I understand  to be) the memory play options from the prev and next buttons on front panel?

I have resumed using my BDP2 with an Plextor BD drive, the basic play and ripping options seem much improved now and I can also get  the memory play functions working too, but the latter only works for the first disc after startup, hangs on the second or subsequent attempts.  I'm also that mystified why the folders that memory play adds to the media player seem to persist even after rebooting BDP.

Thanks

No reply?....

Marius

« Reply #422 on: 13 May 2016, 03:55 pm »
he ho Waldhüter ihr!
it looks like the (fake) BOT is getting better at it, it finally found my favorite Parsifal 

although they we're related, and Covert is getting close, it still isn't there yet ;=)

All in all, enough to toy for the weekend,
Cheerio,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #423 on: 18 Jun 2016, 06:34 pm »
Hi folks

The latest beta software that Chris has been working on has an option that can rip the CD in about 1/2 the time (5 minutes) of the previous software by disabling the verification process

Great news for those with a BOT.  :thumb:

James

docder

« Reply #424 on: 20 Jun 2016, 06:33 pm »
The faster ripping is working for me on my BDP-1.

thank you

docder

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #425 on: 8 Feb 2017, 09:11 pm »
Good afternoon James,

My new BOT 1 works and sounds great!

Many thanks.

Tom

jaydial

« Reply #426 on: 10 Jun 2017, 09:49 pm »
Hi,
My BOT-1 won't eject the disc.  I can hear the normal sounds it makes when it is ejecting, but the disc is not coming out.  What to do?  Thanks.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #427 on: 11 Jun 2017, 10:46 am »
Hit 'STOP' twice on the BDP

james

jaydial

« Reply #428 on: 11 Jun 2017, 01:10 pm »
I had done that.  The BOT seems to be trying to eject but it seems like the CD is stuck.  I've been using it a lot lately with no issues and there was nothing odd about how the CD went in.  Any thoughts?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #429 on: 11 Jun 2017, 01:14 pm »
I had done that.  The BOT seems to be trying to eject but it seems like the CD is stuck.  I've been using it a lot lately with no issues and there was nothing odd about how the CD went in.  Any thoughts?

Hi Jay

No sorry I do not - it sounds like it jammed.  I would assume you have to unplug it and remove the top.  Please email Mike - mpickett@bryston.com -  and ask him to give you exact instructions.

james

jaydial

« Reply #430 on: 11 Jun 2017, 01:30 pm »
Thank you James.  Will do.

jay

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #431 on: 11 Jun 2017, 07:02 pm »

Try playing a track, just for a few seconds and then ejecting it.  Which version of the firmware is installed and what's the bot's serial number?

jaydial

« Reply #432 on: 12 Jun 2017, 02:07 pm »
It is using the latest version of firmware and is serial number 000102.

I removed the cover and saw that the optical drive is a sealed unit so I didn't attempt any disassembly.  I very gently poked a slim screw driver into the disc slot and tried to feel for a disc.  I was poking so lightly that I really couldn't tell if I made any progress.  I reattached the power cord and cable to the BDP-2 and the disc ejected.  It's been working fine since.  Still not sure what happened but it was clearly stuck as it was making the usual eject noises all along but just wasn't ejecting.

Thanks for your support.  You Bryston guys are fabulous in the way you support your customers!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #433 on: 12 Jun 2017, 02:14 pm »
It is using the latest version of firmware and is serial number 000102.

I removed the cover and saw that the optical drive is a sealed unit so I didn't attempt any disassembly.  I very gently poked a slim screw driver into the disc slot and tried to feel for a disc.  I was poking so lightly that I really couldn't tell if I made any progress.  I reattached the power cord and cable to the BDP-2 and the disc ejected.  It's been working fine since.  Still not sure what happened but it was clearly stuck as it was making the usual eject noises all along but just wasn't ejecting.

Thanks for your support.  You Bryston guys are fabulous in the way you support your customers!

Great news !!! - the old Drive Gremlin strikes again :duh:

james

jean7007

BRYSTON BOT-1 (Bryston Optical Transport)
« Reply #434 on: 16 Jun 2022, 12:01 pm »
Hi,
I have had Bryston since the mid 1990, PMC speakers and Bryston 4B in my music studio.
Great audio quality and zero fails.

At home I have
Bryston 2B LP Pro
Bryston pre amp
Bryston BDP-1
Bryston BOT-1

Westlake BBSM 6F

Some questions about the BOT
- it is possible to hook up the BOT to a laptop or computer and rip from there, tried it no issues with Windows.
- But it is not possible on a Mac, The BOT shows up but only imports 1kb of data then stops importing.
- The PS-3, why is that 12V PSU priced in the top range?

Jean

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #435 on: 16 Jun 2022, 12:23 pm »
Hi Jean

Please send these question to Chris  - crice@bryston.com

james

jean7007

« Reply #436 on: 17 Jun 2022, 11:11 am »
Hi,
I have the BOT-1 with the BDP-1.

But I could not play or rip a HDCD to the BDP-1
Jean

R. Daneel

« Reply #437 on: 18 Jun 2022, 11:25 am »
Hi,
I have the BOT-1 with the BDP-1.

But I could not play or rip a HDCD to the BDP-1
Jean

Hi Jean!

Does this happen on all your HDCDs? This technology was developed by Pacific Microsonics and I seem to remember they introduced a new variant of copy protection management which could be the cause of the problem you're having. I seriously doubt it is a hardware problem but it could have something to do with the software within the BDP-1 that's used for ripping. You might want to try ripping it on your Windows machine.

Cheers,
Antun

jean7007

« Reply #438 on: 22 Jun 2022, 09:17 am »
Hi R.Daneel,
thank you for the response,
I'll check other HDCD on the BOT / BDP as well as hooking up the BOT to a Windows machine to test ripping
Jean

R. Daneel

« Reply #439 on: 22 Jun 2022, 04:15 pm »
Hi R.Daneel,
thank you for the response,
I'll check other HDCD on the BOT / BDP as well as hooking up the BOT to a Windows machine to test ripping
Jean

No problem, Jean!

Cheers,
Antun