I got a 'new' car with Bose speaker system and.....

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: I got a 'new' car with Bose speaker system and.....
« Reply #60 on: 29 Jan 2011, 08:36 pm »
 :lol:

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #61 on: 29 Jan 2011, 11:34 pm »
Scott F....gotta love those Butler amps!  I did the competition scene for a couple years in the mid '90's in IASCA.   Both the Butlers and the Mac's that Levi has were/are very good stuff.  I was sponsored by Sony and Kicker...and then later changed the front stage to Diamond.  It was fairly advanced for the time...with all the crossover, eq and time delay done in the digital domain via fiber optic.  Great front soundstage with height, width and depth.

John...I currently have a '07 Aero SS and love it!  Great motor and yes, it is harder to get decent mileage because of that wonderful boost.  The Bose system isn't bad...in fact, midrange tonality is excellent on XM radio.   It needs help in the bass dept...but I probably won't change it out.

Great thread!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #62 on: 30 Jan 2011, 12:15 am »
What's an Aero SS?  :scratch:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #63 on: 30 Jan 2011, 01:49 am »
What's an Aero SS?  :scratch:

Sports Sedan.  The SportCombi model is referred to as SC by enthusiasts. 

The AERO is the priciest FWD version of the 9-3; then there is the 9-3X (all wheel drive in the wagon/SportCombi form)

hibuckhobby - I've played around with the Bose Centerpoint system a bit more.  I flattened out all bass, treble and adjusted most of the sound to the rear.  It still ain't great, but things improved.   Bass shy, ohhhh yes.  I do love the 6 CD changer in the dash...I had no idea this existed in cars today  :oops: (quite slick)

I wouldn't change out even if it was worse than it is...I lived with a crappier SAAB AM/FM/Cassette since 1999 just fine.  This is at least, better than that  :thumb:

I totally love this car.  It's passably okay around bends...but out on the highway (like my prior 9-3) it's worth shines thru. 

I just got 3 months free trial of OnStar today.  They send you a monthly summary of diagnostics on your car if you ask - quite trick.  Not to mention the peace of mind that $200 a year brings with full monitoring of your vehicle.

John

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #64 on: 30 Jan 2011, 02:11 am »
Sports Sedan.  The SportCombi model is referred to as SC by enthusiasts. 

Dammit....I knew that...  :duh:
"Slang" truthfully, as Chevy doesn't have an AERO, and SAAB doesn't have an 'SS'.
But, the techs in my shop and I refer to the body style of '03 to present 93 as "Sport Sedan".
Thus meaning "SS" to the masses I suppose. My apologies, homey tries not to mix GM and SAAB nomenclature.

Thanks John.

Bob

p.s. anybody want a messed up SID?  :lol: