Howdy from Brooklyn, NY

jerseytrain

Howdy from Brooklyn, NY
« on: 5 Jun 2019, 02:57 am »
Hello everyone,

Texan who has lived over 20 years in NY. So what does that make me?  :D

Any recommendations on a C7 power cord to replace the stock one on a Bluesound Node 2i digital streamer?

My system:
- new Don Sachs Model 2 preamp (with a Duelund DCA12GA power cord that seems to be a great match)
- Ayon Triton III integrated as a power amp + Shunyata power cord
- Supra Sword speaker cables and Supra EFF interconnects
- Bluesound Node 2i streamer
- Denon turntable + vinyl
- KEF LS50 speakers
- streaming from Spotify and Tidal

Thanks! - Neal

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Howdy from Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jun 2019, 12:17 pm »
Welcome Neal :thumb:

FireGuy

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jun 2019, 12:27 pm »
Nice gear.  Welcome. 

This too, is good stuff.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jun 2019, 12:37 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 5 Jun 2019, 02:31 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Neal   :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 5 Jun 2019, 03:10 pm »
Hi, Neal.

How long have you had the D Sachs Model 2? How do you like it? What did it replace?

WRT the C7 PC, contact Pete at Triode Wire Labs, Dave at Pi Audio Group, or BlueJeansCable (least expensive).

http://piaudiogroup.com/Home.html

https://www.triodewirelabs.com/

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/

Welcome to AC!

Michael

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #6 on: 5 Jun 2019, 03:39 pm »
Welcome to AC.  I grew up in Brooklyn and left to go to college at Oklahoma State.  I live in the Twin Cities, MN now.

I guess your move from Tx to Bklyn makes you a drug store cowboy.

For a C7 PC take a look at Cullen Cables.  I own one of his Gold series PC's on my Pass amp.  Give him an email or call and he can make custom PC's out of the various materials and connectors that he uses.  He is very reasonably priced.

http://www.cullencable.com/

Larry

Emil

« Reply #7 on: 5 Jun 2019, 04:19 pm »

Welcome to AC.  I grew up in Brooklyn and left to go to college at Oklahoma State.   

well, didya?  :D

« Last Edit: 8 Jun 2019, 10:07 am by Emil »

ntjetsmoke

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jun 2019, 04:49 pm »
Welcome to AC.  I grew up in Brooklyn and left to go to college at Oklahoma State.  I live in the Twin Cities, MN now.

For a C7 PC take a look at Cullen Cables.  I own one of his Gold series PC's on my Pass amp.  Give him an email or call and he can make custom PC's out of the various materials and connectors that he uses.  He is very reasonably priced.

Larry
Ride'em Cowboys Oklahoma State Class of '77
Welcome to AC. Don't let them take the country out of the cowboy!

jerseytrain

« Reply #9 on: 5 Jun 2019, 04:51 pm »
Hi, Neal.

How long have you had the D Sachs Model 2? How do you like it? What did it replace?

WRT the C7 PC, contact Pete at Triode Wire Labs, Dave at Pi Audio Group, or BlueJeansCable (least expensive).

http://piaudiogroup.com/Home.html

https://www.triodewirelabs.com/

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/

Welcome to AC!

Michael

Michael, thanks for C7 upgrade recommendations.  Have been wanting to try the Triode Wire American Digital PCs, have to justify spending $500 for a $500 Bluesound streamer.

I was using the Ayon integrated before (sounded too thin for my liking), before that a Schitt Freya with solid state mono amps, before that phono straight into Ideal Innovations Elite 80 tube amp (still love this amp). And various preamps that have been sold.

Only have had the Don Sachs for 10 days but it sounds great so far, cannot wait to get to the 100 hours of burn in on the caps.  I would describe it as being rich with clarity and focus so far.  I can imagine it opening up even more with precise imaging and more air eventually.  The setup I have is pretty musical so far; female voices and certain notes just hang in the air.  Hoping this preamp is my end game.  I can only imagine what the separation would sound like with tube mono blocks.  I've tried it with my pair of SS Red Dragon monoblocks and the clarity and heft/weight is pretty amazing.

jerseytrain

« Reply #10 on: 5 Jun 2019, 04:55 pm »

Larry

I was actually was born in MN, we moved out of there.  Too cold.  My Texas Longhorns play your OSU at least once a year.  Go Big 12 football!

ntjetsmoke

« Reply #11 on: 5 Jun 2019, 05:51 pm »
Hi jerseytrain, I pull for the Horns in every game but the one against OSU. BEAT OU!
btw I played on the '76 team that beat OU in Norman. Twas the Big 8 back then.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #12 on: 5 Jun 2019, 06:02 pm »
Hi jerseytrain, I pull for the Horns in every game but the one against OSU. BEAT OU!

OSU?? Hey, that's my team, too....only mine is Oregon State University.  :lol:

Anyone from Ohio State University lurking out there?

jerseytrain

« Reply #13 on: 5 Jun 2019, 06:43 pm »

Wow. The Cowboys are probably my second favorite team in the Big 12. They pump out the WRs. Gundy does it right.  You know those sooners are eatin' roids by the handful and getting their pockets filled  :lol:

Back to music!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #14 on: 5 Jun 2019, 10:12 pm »
Hey Neal,

Welcome to AC!  :D

A_shah

« Reply #15 on: 8 Jun 2019, 08:43 am »
Hello everyone,

Any recommendations on a C7 power cord to replace the stock one on a Bluesound Node 2i digital streamer?

My system:
- new Don Sachs Model 2 preamp (with a Duelund DCA12GA power cord that seems to be a great match)
- KEF LS50 speakers

Thanks! - Neal

Hi,

Lived in Flatbush for while  and then Cooney Island , years ago !  I just purchased a Audioquest NRG 1 C7 for the Bluesound node 2i very inexpensive from Amazon , very happy with it , did not know Dueland had  a power cord ? is it shielded ? the Audioquest PC is solid core copper wire  which i prefer over stranded wire   just personal  preference  not to say one is better than the other just different sounding to me   I also own a DS 2  and have custom made QuickSilver 60 mono's along with Daedalus speakers !  the sound is just  amazing imaging , the voices seem to float in mid -air total 3D, the clarity & the layering of musical instruments is all there , unless one is  very close to the speakers it is hard to tell the Daedalus speakers they  just vanish in the room   :thumb: :popcorn:
Asghar
« Last Edit: 8 Jun 2019, 06:26 pm by A_shah »

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #16 on: 8 Jun 2019, 12:27 pm »

Wow, I went to OSU from 1976-1981.  I probably saw you play.  We tied for the Big 8 championship that year.  We should have beaten Colorado.  Terry Miller was an awesome running back for the Pokes.  He was the best college running back that I ever saw except for Barry Sanders with Thurman Thomas a close third.  Miller should have won the Heisman.

SET Man

« Reply #17 on: 9 Jun 2019, 03:39 am »
Hello everyone,

My system:
- KEF LS50 speakers

Thanks! - Neal

Hey!

Hello! From Queens NY here!  :D

Buddy

jerseytrain

« Reply #18 on: 10 Jun 2019, 08:42 pm »

Hi,

Lived in Flatbush for while  and then Cooney Island , years ago !  I just purchased a Audioquest NRG 1 C7 for the Bluesound node 2i very inexpensive from Amazon , very happy with it , did not know Dueland had  a power cord ? is it shielded ? the Audioquest PC is solid core copper wire  which i prefer over stranded wire   just personal  preference  not to say one is better than the other just different sounding to me   I also own a DS 2  and have custom made QuickSilver 60 mono's along with Daedalus speakers !  the sound is just  amazing imaging , the voices seem to float in mid -air total 3D, the clarity & the layering of musical instruments is all there , unless one is  very close to the speakers it is hard to tell the Daedalus speakers they  just vanish in the room   :thumb: :popcorn:
Asghar

Asghar,

Thanks for the info, I want to eventually give the QuickSilver monoblocks a try.  Don Sachs recommends Duelund interconnects, why not, his preamp is all wired with Duelund wire.  Bought the power cord from Parts Connexion when I bought Duelund wire to give it a try to make my own interconnects.  Well made PC, I would love to hear what you think if you get them.  Why not try letting all of the same wire connect to each other and into the outlet.
https://www.partsconnexion.com/CONXCBL-85440.html

If you search for "Jeff Day Duelund wire" you can find alot of info if you haven't already.