X-Static subwoofer pairing for large room

Groundzero

X-Static subwoofer pairing for large room
« on: 15 Aug 2020, 01:15 am »
Greetings All,
I'm running X-statics in my living room as a 2.0 and will soon be turning it into a 5.1. I have everything sorted except the .1 part. The room, and the wife, really only allow for a single subwoofer location. My first thought was something like a SVS PC-4000 to make efficient use of floor space, but thought that might be too home theater and not very musical. My second idea is a Rythmik G22 to get double drivers in a single footprint, and have the servo technology. Now my third idea is to ask here. Danny offers his OB sub kits, however in this situation I don't really have the room for stereo subs, or space to pull out the sub 3'. I don't know if there's an option to build dual driver, single box, sealed subs from GR?

Below is a snap of the room to give you an idea of size. I'm assuming because of the size, that double drivers would be beneficial. The kitchen is attached and not included in the dimensions listed. Ceilings are 11'. It's a mixed use room of living room and dining room, so I don't actually have the whole thing to play with layout wise, which is why I'm limited to the single unit.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: X-Static subwoofer pairing for large room
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2020, 01:48 am »
Hmmm.. I don't think there are currently any sort of Dual sealed sub options, unless you want to build a single tower that houses two subs, each with their own separate chamber, or maybe even a single large chamber?

But if you want to go the easiest route, get the Rythmik G22.
If you want to do a little modding, buy a couple sheets of No-rez to replace the stock poly fill on the inside walls, then stick the poly fill to the no-rez or bracing. I'm going to be doing that with my Rythmik L12, once Danny gets his next shipment of norez in next week. (As well as replacing the stock wires with his solid core wire, for both the driver & servo unit. But that's just for my own fun.) :P

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2020, 04:55 am »
I’d recommend Danny’s servo sub kit 2 if you want to build it or the Rythmik F12G if you want a complete sub. Yes, it’s sealed with a single 12” driver, but it’s a phenomenal performer. It’s the most musical boxed sub I’ve ever heard and still shakes the couch with movie sound effects. I have one in my living room HT/music system

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2020, 03:24 pm »
Oh! I didn't even see that Option on their site, but it's a little too pricey for my needs rn, so modded L12 it is! :P

WC

« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2020, 06:54 pm »
A 12” sub is going to be like farting in the wind in that space. Placement will matter for the sub. With one sub you can get it to sound good at only one seat if you can place it in the right position. Multiple subs can make the bass in the room more distributed. I have a smaller space than you and I used 2 Rythmik F15HP subs. Built the cabinets myself.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2020, 08:23 pm »
My single 12” Rythmik sub is in a 20’ x 25’ room and it is more than sufficient for us. It all comes down to what you want and, as it’s been mentioned, how many different locations in the room you are trying to get bass to. There is a big difference between a setup with multiple rows of seats and, like in my case, only two seats right next to each other. For us, the one sub located behind the couch, does what we want it to. The volume of bass desired is also a factor. The more you want, the bigger and/or more subs you need. Different strokes for different folks.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2020, 08:28 pm »
If you can get her to sign off on the G22, then I'd get the G22.