AV123 Forum not available?

shadowlight

Re: AV123 Forum not available?
« Reply #140 on: 24 Nov 2008, 01:41 am »
Temp Forum is up and running at: http://netlowdown.com/av123forum

binarylinguist

« Reply #141 on: 25 Nov 2008, 03:57 pm »
Now the temp forum is down?  Unbelieveable...

TomS

« Reply #142 on: 25 Nov 2008, 04:05 pm »
What an ugly mess, especially for an ID company...

gotchaforce

« Reply #143 on: 25 Nov 2008, 04:11 pm »
Now the temp forum is down?  Unbelieveable...

No when you think about the past 5 days its actually quite believable :green:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #144 on: 25 Nov 2008, 04:12 pm »

Should we even care at this point?

A mess indeed...

draco

« Reply #145 on: 25 Nov 2008, 05:21 pm »

Would, at least, be more bearable if someone would answer the phones. No REAL updates for MONTHS on LS9 and several weeks on the x-amps despite sooooo... many promises.
Depressing.

draco

« Reply #146 on: 25 Nov 2008, 05:45 pm »

Which is why I have always been confused that AV123 doesn't have an IT guru.  Someone to chase down the voicemail and e-mail bugs and keep things up and running.  :scratch:
[/quote]

Unfortunately, as you know, that would be somewhat counter-intuitive as to how Mark does business. Name me another company that has seen 75% growth (maybe I am actually understating that figure?) over the last 2 years and yet seems to view adding staff as a secondary concern. (Almost) all of us love Mark and wish av123 continued success, but it's unbelievable on how they keep dropping the ball on the lowest hanging fruit. In this economy (going back about 6 months to present), finding qualified people should not be THAT difficult.

Instead let's just keep making more false promises about delivery dates + conjecture about more "gee-whiz" product lines + announce new holiday sales (and daily specials) with attendant pre-orders while people are still waiting for orders placed 6, 12, 18 months ago + defer concrete, concise updates in lieu of an omnibus "tell-all" letter that needs to be repeatedly reworked in order to set just the right tone and background = a frickin' train wreck of a soap opera.

Sorry, for beating the horse deader.....AND restating the obvious.

arthurs

620gold

« Reply #148 on: 25 Nov 2008, 06:26 pm »
There was a guy named Stevo who got banned from AV123 who always called it like he saw it. He had AV123 pegged from the beginning. A Soap Opera indeed!

620gold

« Reply #149 on: 25 Nov 2008, 06:40 pm »
Anyone who just read MLS' thread at Tweak City should come away with the same thoughts I just did. If he can't run AV123 right, how is he going to help Tweak City now. The man is full of promises. Maybe his partners at AV123 finally had enough of him. Stay tuned as..............The Soap Opera continues.

Should be fun to watch at least......the new promises anyway. And where's that second letter. It would be nice to see that second letter before he makes any new announcements. The train wreck continues.........

draco

« Reply #150 on: 25 Nov 2008, 07:20 pm »
Anyone who just read MLS' thread at Tweak City should come away with the same thoughts I just did. If he can't run AV123 right, how is he going to help Tweak City now. The man is full of promises. Maybe his partners at AV123 finally had enough of him. Stay tuned as..............The Soap Opera continues.

Should be fun to watch at least......the new promises anyway. And where's that second letter. It would be nice to see that second letter before he makes any new announcements. The train wreck continues.........

I hate to say it (and, boy, have I kept my mouth tightly shut for about a year now), but the TONE DEAF nature of what Mark has been spinning the last couple of months is really starting to scare me.

With equal parts respect and exasperation: We want you to have fun and run wild with your passions MS - but, please attend to the ongoing headaches first. You say that problems are being addressed. If so, how about showing us, for starters from a long list, some of those long-promised pics from Lucid.

620gold

« Reply #151 on: 25 Nov 2008, 07:25 pm »
Sounds like more of the same doesn't it?

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #152 on: 25 Nov 2008, 07:36 pm »
Sounds like more of the same doesn't it?

Do you mean like all of your posts so far on audiocircle? :lol:

musicman06

« Reply #153 on: 25 Nov 2008, 09:50 pm »
Unfortunately business skills have never been the strong suit for AV123. Considering that this latest blunder is hardly suprising. I raised valid points that encouraged them to address current issues and was typically met with hostile responses from the cheerleaders, and more unbelievably from the staff. Glad I found better value elsewhere (thanks Rick) before I took the plunge with these characters. Been a forum member for over two years there now, really is a soap opera. Still seem to be some good people in the "family", but sheesh.  :duh:

musicman06

620gold

« Reply #155 on: 25 Nov 2008, 10:38 pm »
Satfrat, I admit I'm new here but most of the other posts about AV123 are negative too. Maybe even the folks who were followers are starting to see the light.

Maybe this "shutdown" at AV123 is their way of taking back the forum and their business. It wouldn't be the first time a business has shutdown temporarily to refocus, recharge, and develop a strategy for the future, i.e., less product offerings, catchup with production and rework issues. I understand the forum is starting from scratch too. And everyone knows the forum is the life blood of their business.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #156 on: 25 Nov 2008, 11:06 pm »
Satfrat, I admit I'm new here but most of the other posts about AV123 are negative too. Maybe even the folks who were followers are starting to see the light.

Maybe this "shutdown" at AV123 is their way of taking back the forum and their business. It wouldn't be the first time a business has shutdown temporarily to refocus, recharge, and develop a strategy for the future, i.e., less product offerings, catchup with production and rework issues. I understand the forum is starting from scratch too. And everyone knows the forum is the life blood of their business.

Just having a little fun in a sea of negativity but your "more of the same" remarked begged for a reply as it just seemed to reflect on all your posts to date. Doesn't mean anything. :D Hopefully they'll be less of the same down the road or you'll start to sound like a broken record. :lol: Just kidding again. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

rmassey

« Reply #157 on: 26 Nov 2008, 10:47 pm »
http://www.tweakcityaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347

:o OMFG  :o 

This just has disaster written all over it..... (no offense) but MLS can't even keep the fires out at AV123 and now he's off to spread himself even thinner at TCA.....   :duh: it's as if a 10 yo with ADD is driving the train right off the track and everyone is cheering from the sidelines. 

For reference, I have watched this drama unfold from the monster AVS/Diva thread days (2002) thru today. I own about 10 pairs of AV123 speakers, two subs and a Perpetual Tech combo w/ SOCS. Other than the PT combo, I gave up on AV123 electronics way back around the EMO LMC-1 fiasco. This last move appears to be the final nail in the coffin IMO.  I kinda agree with a lot of the 'soap opera' comments here.  Some are actually spot on.

Good luck Mark, but you seriously need a 'handler' to reel you in to making some better decisions.

DogWizard

« Reply #158 on: 27 Nov 2008, 12:18 am »
With as long as this has been going on now, I can't help but think that the length of this outage is intentional. I spent years in IT and worked with companies both larger and smaller than AV123 on mission-critical systems. If the priority was to get this back up and running, it would be back up by now. The only possible exception would be the absolute physical destruction of all the code including backups (and that would have to include the original developers backups/betas).

While I was never in the "rabid fanboy" section of the bleachers, I have been a huge supporter so far and have spent more than I care to recall on products from AV123. With the direction that the company has been headed recently and now this - I have to say that my confidence is pretty well gone. I honestly hope that they can turn this around but I have no idea how MLS is going to be able to handle TCA in addition to AV123... 

mlschifter

• http://www.av123.com
« Reply #159 on: 27 Nov 2008, 01:14 am »

Should we even care at this point?

A mess indeed...

The people that care DO... those that don't have other things on their minds...

The site is back up now - and the forum will be there soon...

Thanks for your post...

All the best...

mls