14 Year Old McDonald's Hamburger Looks New!

Phil A

Re: 14 Year Old McDonald's Hamburger Looks New!
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2013, 05:16 pm »
Yes - I'd rate it 9/10 on the Audiogon scale :lol:

bside123

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2013, 05:18 pm »
Yea... and that's "just for age," otherwise, it's mint minus.

Yes - I'd rate it 9/10 on the Audiogon scale :lol:

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2013, 05:20 pm »

Probably doesn't taste any different than it would have 14 years ago, either...

D.D.

firedog

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2013, 05:40 pm »
Probably doesn't taste any different than it would have 14 years ago, either...

D.D.

yes, tasted terrible then, and tastes terrible now

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2013, 05:47 pm »
Yea... and that's "just for age," otherwise, it's mint minus.

But remember it was in his pocket for 2 years. I'd say that puts it at 'near mint' at best.  :thumb:

Ryan45872

« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2013, 06:05 pm »
That video is a crock of crap! The company I work for produces the McDonald's burger. Almost a million pounds a day and there is nothing added to the beef patty that would preserve it for that long. All the meat  comes in 2000 pound combos and is ground up and printed into patties nothing added!
Ryan

jackman

« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2013, 06:16 pm »
That video is a crock of crap! The company I work for produces the McDonald's burger. Almost a million pounds a day and there is nothing added to the beef patty that would preserve it for that long. All the meat  comes in 2000 pound combos and is ground up and printed into patties nothing added!
Ryan

Good answer!  USDA standards are very strict and these companies are not allowed to add preservatives or sodium nitrate to the products.  I've been in several meat processing plants, including plants where McDonald's meats are made, and the quality standards are very high. 

Don't get me wrong, a diet high in saturated fats is not healthy but there are no additives or preservatives in these burgers.

ricardojoa

« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2013, 06:23 pm »
Why would mcdonald put so much preservertive in that burger to make it last that long? Wouldnt that add cost? :lol:

Ryan45872

« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2013, 06:29 pm »
Good answer!  USDA standards are very strict and these companies are not allowed to add preservatives or sodium nitrate to the products.  I've been in several meat processing plants, including plants where McDonald's meats are made, and the quality standards are very high. 

Don't get me wrong, a diet high in saturated fats is not healthy but there are no additives or preservatives in these burgers.

Yes it is strict. There is a USDA guy in after every shift and when 3rd come to clean(AND YES IT'S CLEANED AND SANITIZED EVERYNIGHT!) Machine are checked and swabbed to checked for cleanliness.

Everything is tested for ecoli every hour. If ecoli or anything is detected that hour, it is going to the landfill and the hour before and after is sold to Hormel or someone and is put into a cookers .

And last if we are going to be down for a long weekend all the meat is ground up and patties are put into the freezer then the fresh meat is brought in the next working day.
Ryan

Ryan45872

« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2013, 06:31 pm »
Why would mcdonald put so much preservertive in that burger to make it last that long? Wouldnt that add cost? :lol:
:lol: beef is high enough without adding to the cost.

Doublej

« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2013, 03:02 am »
You've just discovered the fountain of youth. If you eat a MacDonald's hamburger ever day in 14 years you'll look the same as you did when you started eating them.

Just ask the other guy in Supersize me that ate one every day since they open a MacDonald's in his neighborhood.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2013, 04:03 am »
Ryan

But what you don't account for is that Cow rectums and snouts are a natural preservative, therefore the McD's hockey pucks can last an eternity  :lol:

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #13 on: 19 May 2013, 04:14 am »
But what you don't account for is that Cow rectums and snouts are a natural preservative, therefore the McD's hockey pucks can last an eternity  :lol:

That's what I like about this place...you can learn stuff !  :green:

D.D.

medium jim

« Reply #14 on: 19 May 2013, 04:28 am »
I think I will have a Twinkie for dessert...

Jim

Ryan45872

« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2013, 11:06 am »

Yea right. I don't think so.

http://www.mcdonaldscorrespondents.com/experiences.php?exp=9

Scroll down and watch the video.

Ryan

JohnR

Ryan45872

« Reply #17 on: 19 May 2013, 12:33 pm »
The burgers we make ,after frozen has a 75 day frozen shelf life after that it goes to the landfill.
Ryan