Putting together my HT room

Emil

Putting together my HT room
« on: 1 May 2007, 06:22 pm »
Hi all

My projector is on its way so now my attention has turned to speakers.
My room is 13 by 25 with the screen on the short wall . I was thinking of using a pair of XLS for L/r and a XCS for center. For rears I was thinking of a pair of in-ceiling speakers.
My concern is that the front speakers might be too small for the room. Any thoughts?
What about using in-ceilings for rears? Do they work well?

Thanks,
Emil

mcrespo71

Re: Putting together my HT room
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2007, 06:48 pm »
Emil,

What are you going to do with your Vandersteen's?  Are you going to use a receiver to run all of these speakers?

Michael

Emil

« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2007, 04:43 am »
Hey Mike

Nope. I'll be keeping the Vandersteens along the long wall as you've seen them and only be used for music playback. I'm looking for some relatively inexpensive speakers for movies and have read good things about AV123s X series speakers. Looking to use in-ceiling rears to reduce clutter in the room.

Now if only the good people over at AV123 would address my question. :green:

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2007, 10:44 pm »
Apologies Emil, I can't even seem to keep up with the main AV123 Forum ;)

If they will work well depends on you, completely.  If you want 105dB+ at the seats and tons of mid-bass slam, the x-ls speakers are too small (as well as pretty much any smaller speaker).  If you want to push it to moderate volumes, they will work quite well.  If you want a bit more headroom go with all x-cs up front.  Not too much more $$ and that extra woofer in the x-cs will allow for higher SPL's at lower distorsion levels :)

Hope that helps!