Future Bryston CD Player Still A Go?

Haurock

Re: Future Bryston CD Player Still A Go?
« Reply #280 on: 15 Dec 2016, 01:34 pm »
The end of the week is here... :green:.... will my phone be ringing?  :bowdown:

Siltech

« Reply #281 on: 15 Dec 2016, 02:55 pm »
No phone call this week or next. My dealer called Bryston, and they said there awaiting some type of approval on the unit on Dec 22-2016. My dealer was told after Christmas, and with time of year---PROBABLY JAN-2017. You can call Brystons and check for yourself. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years All. SILTECH

Haurock

« Reply #282 on: 15 Dec 2016, 03:08 pm »
Pffffffffffft... Really?  Who's your dealer?

Haurock

« Reply #283 on: 15 Dec 2016, 04:13 pm »
Hmmmm.. Just spoke with Bryston.. Hydro approval is required and they should get that on 22 Dec 16.  So.. looks like the end of the month/early January...  :sad:

Siltech

« Reply #284 on: 15 Dec 2016, 04:31 pm »
Hmmm. I think your repeating what I just said.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #285 on: 15 Dec 2016, 05:53 pm »
Hi Folks,

The bureaucracy is the bane of my life  :duh:

They have confirmed we will get final hydro and safety approvals on Dec 22.  We will ship the next day !!!!

james

Haurock

« Reply #286 on: 15 Dec 2016, 07:06 pm »
James.. I am feeling for you.. and you're assuming they will say.. yes...   :icon_lol:

Maybe I need to talk to my dealer and see if he can arrange shipment directly from Bryston to my home... that way I can expect my new BCD3 to be under the ole XMas tree!

Haurock

« Reply #287 on: 15 Dec 2016, 07:23 pm »
James,

I think that for those of us exercising such outstanding patience and diligence that, we should be afforded... special :xmas: pricing!., or a free remote control!!! :singing:  I'm easy..... :eyebrows:

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #288 on: 15 Dec 2016, 11:32 pm »
 :jester:

Mag

« Reply #289 on: 16 Dec 2016, 12:18 am »
Hi

It interesting - so far there seems to be a bit of a tonal difference between my CD player and the BDP2 with the BDA3.  The CD Player has a bit more sparkle to it - as if there is a very slight tilt upward in the frequency response.  Whereas the BDP/BDA3 seems to sound a bit more relaxed with more mid to lower bass available.  Still experimenting and trying some blind test before I fully commit to an opinion.

james

Given the accolades being given to the BDA-3. What do you believe is the reason for the perceived tonal difference between the BCD-3 and the BDA-3.

Is it more accurate because of precise clock timing?
Is it because of differences in the circuitry?
Is it because of oversampling?

And is the perceived difference even if it's only 2% going to elevate the experienced listener in sonic bliss? :smoke:

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #290 on: 16 Dec 2016, 03:34 am »
^ well, could be a combo of these things.

Betcha the analog cable has something to do with the diffs. If James used the BCD-3 straight to his linestage, then that's probably a different cable than the one from his BDA-3 to line (?). Much depends on whether BCD is used as a player or a digital transport feeding BDA.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #291 on: 16 Dec 2016, 03:38 am »
Hi Folks,

The bureaucracy is the bane of my life  :duh:

They have confirmed we will get final hydro and safety approvals on Dec 22.  We will ship the next day !!!!

james

Why does Bryston need to jump thru so many hoops? You guys have been making players and amps for years now; track record should count for a lot with the feds. It's not like a totally new, revolutionary circuit is coming out.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #292 on: 16 Dec 2016, 10:54 am »
Why does Bryston need to jump thru so many hoops? You guys have been making players and amps for years now; track record should count for a lot with the feds. It's not like a totally new, revolutionary circuit is coming out.

The difference is that in the old days you just had to get safety and hydro approvals in the country the product was manufactured in. Now you have to get approvals for all the countries you ship too. CE for Europe. CCC for China ,  CSA for Canada - the list goes on.

So these testing companies have sprung up that you have to deal with to get these approvals and even though we have been doing this for 50 years and have not burned any of our customers houses down yet that counts for nothing as its a money grab. (For CCC in China they have to send representatives from China to check out your plant - at your expense). It costs many thousands of dollars per unit (even each model of amp has to be tested independently - 2B,3B,4B etc.). That's why we as a responsible manufacturer are at a disadvantage as many other companies just ignore these requirements. i'm rambling - sorry.

Also the tests they run border on insanity in my opinion because they are exercises in 'what -if' scenarios which in the real world would never occur. 

james

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #293 on: 16 Dec 2016, 11:14 am »
^ Thanks for the insights into the ridiculous bureaucracy. Money-grab for sure. It's a tribute that Bryston doesn't charge us much more for the gear, for cost-recovery. Kudos for that!

Haurock

« Reply #294 on: 16 Dec 2016, 02:08 pm »
It is almost 2017... a sign of the times I`m sure.

Haurock

« Reply #295 on: 16 Dec 2016, 02:11 pm »
James,

You mentioned earlier that this first shipment of the BCD3 would only have blue lights... Will this delay the availability of the BCD3 with green lights?  I believe you had said these would be coming out in early January.  Is this still the plan or has everything shifted to the right?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #296 on: 16 Dec 2016, 02:36 pm »
James,

You mentioned earlier that this first shipment of the BCD3 would only have blue lights... Will this delay the availability of the BCD3 with green lights?  I believe you had said these would be coming out in early January.  Is this still the plan or has everything shifted to the right?

Hi

The green issue was we could not get the displays but I believe that we have them now.

james

DogsPart2

« Reply #297 on: 16 Dec 2016, 02:38 pm »
At this price point, lack of digital inputs is a deal breaker for me.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #298 on: 16 Dec 2016, 02:51 pm »
Hi Folks,

Starting to get some PIC's of production units.  :thumb:

Haurock

« Reply #299 on: 16 Dec 2016, 03:05 pm »
Very very nice...  :D...