Bedrock / Dyna PAS Cap Board

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
Bedrock / Dyna PAS Cap Board
« on: 12 Mar 2020, 06:26 pm »
(http://www.triodeelectronics.com/sdslacabofor1.html)    Bedrock, here is where Sheldon Stokes has his board for the PAS for sale. If you watch the D-Labs video on YouTube you will know if you have the ability to solder it in. I know you can and the cap board is silk screened on top as where the wires go even though they should be soldered from the bottom.
   Db Cooper mentioned the small PAS transformer as does the video guy. This board gives you the option of using the 12AX diode tube or not.
  I'm doing my PAS with the new cap board even though stock sounded fine. After I watched the video I was convinced. On Ebay I just bought a little board that replaces the selenium rectifier and those 2 big caps. It was 20 bucks and I got it before I found out about Sheldons board. If this is something you want to try,just the selenium replacement set up let me know. It fits on the same screw set up as the former. My new Sheldon/Triode cap board includes the replacement and I don't need the board. It's new with instructions.
  I couldn't find your web site after I got my desk top computer going today so I'm posting this as a new note to you....take care and don't be shy if you hit a snag.I ask Sheldon questions all the time.He is a great guy and likes to help....Mark Korda

dB Cooper

Re: Bedrock / Dyna PAS Cap Board
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2020, 08:15 pm »
the Van Alstine pilot light LED substitution reduces power supply draw by literally a third. That helps with the transformer and power supply.

Your other questions can be more capably addressed by Mr. Stokes or Mr. Van Alstine. Van Alstine is generally not a fan of diode-for-tube rectifier substitutions IIRC. I'd call him (he has a circle here). He likes helping people; it isn't just about selling for him. Probably stick close to stock values in a stock circuit. (Ask him about that too.)

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
Re: Bedrock / Dyna PAS Cap Board
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2020, 06:35 pm »
Hi db, I remember when Van AlStine put the transformer hanging on the back. Without digging it up, what was the purpose; Was it for vibration or induction or something else? Thanks, Mark.