Removing Windows Edge

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Removing Windows Edge
« on: 2 Nov 2020, 07:05 am »
It is said that after removing the W Edge, the W10 may have instability problems, what problems would these be?
« Last Edit: 2 Nov 2020, 10:20 am by FullRangeMan »

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: Removing Windows Edge
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2020, 03:14 pm »
It is said that after removing the W Edge, the W10 may have instability problems, what problems would these be?

That's a pretty vague question. If you don't like using Edge browser, there's no necessity to uninstall it as far as I know. I have both Edge and Chrome installed and was ready to give up on Edge until recently when they adopted the Chromium engine. It seems far more stable, intuitive and useful compared to its predecessor.

If you've read about or experienced problems, perhaps ask about those specifically.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 3 Nov 2020, 01:31 am »
I dont use Edge,  by the lasted questions they required tô answer it will be totally devoted tô advertising, spy the user files and web habits.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #3 on: 3 Nov 2020, 01:51 am »
I recently switched to Edge from Chrome and much prefer Edge.   Pages load faster and adblock works great when I watch video's. With Chrome, many videos will not play if adblock is on.  I get tired of watching the same commercials between video news or sports stories.  I do prefer Chrome's search engine though so I sometimes switch back and forth.