Amazing sound from my "little" Song Surround Is!

billmcc

Amazing sound from my "little" Song Surround Is!
« on: 7 Jun 2018, 11:53 pm »
Kind of a long story so I'll try to keep it short :). I recently setup a small system in my bedroom with Song Surround Is, Parasound 2100, Oppo 205 and Boston Acoustics A7200 amp. At first I had the components and speakers on a dresser and it sounded good but wasn't the best setup. Then I bought Pangea Audio Vulcan Four Shelf Audio Rack from Audio Advisor and put the Surround Is on Sanus stands. Now the speakers are setup so they are aimed at my bed about 14' away.

I cranked up some of my favorite SACDs and was amazed how incredible the Song Surround Is sound! Incredible imaging, soundstage and bass output for such a small speaker. Goes to show how moving speakers to more ideal locations can really be a huge improvement. It made me think how much better my HT2-TLs would sound if they were in a larger room and I was sitting further away from them. Well I guess I cant have everything :)!

So once again bravo to Jim for building such amazing speakers! That includes the baby of the lineup  :thumb:.

Bill