New program for BDPs/Bryfi

drummermitchell

New program for BDPs/Bryfi
« on: 25 Nov 2023, 06:37 pm »
Any one hear when Manic Mouse will be replaced.
Last I heard was October now we’re almost into December.
Thx

Lwxian

Re: New program for BDPs/Bryfi
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2023, 07:37 am »
I have been looking forward to the new update too. Last firmware update was October 22 which is more than 1 year ago. Is it because Bryston think that it has perfected its app and hence no longer require any updates to improve it further? Or there is no one in Bryston looking into app development? There have been so much progress in other streamers to improve their app in terms of user friendliness and app interface design. So I really hope Bryston has not given up their development in the area of music streaming. Look forward to James or Chris updates on this.  :wink:

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #2 on: 5 Dec 2023, 04:10 pm »
Any one hear when Manic Mouse will be replaced.
Last I heard was October now we’re almost into December.
Thx

Agreed
How much patience is one to have? I’m using Maximum MPD app now,  because MM will not update the database anymore. Such a simple problem to fix and yet the new program is supposedly getting all the attention!
😤

gbaby

« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2023, 03:13 pm »
I have been looking forward to the new update too. Last firmware update was October 22 which is more than 1 year ago. Is it because Bryston think that it has perfected its app and hence no longer require any updates to improve it further? Or there is no one in Bryston looking into app development? There have been so much progress in other streamers to improve their app in terms of user friendliness and app interface design. So I really hope Bryston has not given up their development in the area of music streaming. Look forward to James or Chris updates on this.  :wink:

You mention about other streamers have made much progress to improve their app and interface. What streamers are you referring to? And, have you checked to see the issues these streamers are having with freezing or other problems? Please let us know.

alanford69

« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2023, 06:01 pm »
The last info was that the new OS is in beta test phase. Maybe James or Chris could provide us with an update and possibly with a release date?

gbaby

« Reply #5 on: 7 Dec 2023, 09:26 pm »
The last info was that the new OS is in beta test phase. Maybe James or Chris could provide us with an update and possibly with a release date?

To me, their silence simply means they are still having issues with the upgrade. I’m not bothered by it.

jobiwon

« Reply #6 on: 8 Dec 2023, 06:28 pm »
To me, their silence simply means they are still having issues with the upgrade. I’m not bothered by it.

"beta" typically means the software is in the hands of a small set of customers for real life use.   I dont even think its there yet, right?

gbaby

« Reply #7 on: 8 Dec 2023, 10:00 pm »
"beta" typically means the software is in the hands of a small set of customers for real life use.   I dont even think its there yet, right?

I don't know. But, I have no problems with Manic Moose in its current state. It does everything I want it to do. There are issues with all these manufacturers interfaces. For the price and utility across different Bryston streamers, its pretty darn good to me  8)
« Last Edit: 9 Dec 2023, 02:32 pm by gbaby »

moonblue77

« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2023, 12:44 pm »
I'm a UK owner of a BDP-2 and an avid listener of BBC radio. I use Squeezelite and Squeezebox LMS on my windows laptop to stream BBC radio. Hoping the new software will provide more internet radio than the current bRadio offering. Other than this I'm happy with MM.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #9 on: 18 Dec 2023, 12:52 pm »
Hi Folks - One thing you can do if you have a radio station you like and can get from another program is while listening to the station open MM and save the station as a playlist.

james
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2023, 10:24 pm by James Tanner »

drummermitchell

« Reply #10 on: 18 Dec 2023, 03:47 pm »
Hmm typed in CKUA in the search box and nothing would come up.
Like to listen to the blues from 3-5 Saturday afternoon and Friday night.
Must be doing something wrong.

vonnie123

« Reply #11 on: 26 Dec 2023, 07:43 am »
You mention about other streamers have made much progress to improve their app and interface. What streamers are you referring to? And, have you checked to see the issues these streamers are having with freezing or other problems? Please let us know.

Naim and Aurender have very solid app based interfaces. 

vonnie123

« Reply #12 on: 26 Dec 2023, 07:46 am »
I don't know. But, I have no problems with Manic Moose in its current state. It does everything I want it to do. There are issues with all these manufacturers interfaces. For the price and utility across different Bryston streamers, its pretty darn good to me  8)

@gbaby - Are you using any other streaming apps or programs?  Roon?  Do you own any other streamers than the BDP?   

Manic Moose works but it’s well behind the power curve.