Couple fall color shots

byteme

Couple fall color shots
« on: 15 Oct 2008, 12:34 pm »
I'm a bit troubled yet by some of the settings in my new D300 so please, let me know what you think!  Gotta get the D300 book and spend some quality time reading it in order to get the most of out this beast!  Most of these shot w/ 16-85 VRII, many w/ circular polarizer.

JohnR

Re: Couple fall color shots
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2008, 08:55 am »
Cool - how are you downsizing these? They look like they need a little post-resize sharpening. How are you finding the 16-85?

byteme

Re: Couple fall color shots
« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2008, 03:12 pm »
Typical post processing for me is pull into ACR, tweak contrast and maybe some levels.  Save as jpg at highest resolution.  Then pull into CS3 and filter "sharpen" then resave as jpg.  For internet sharing I use photobucket and whatever they do to resize while they pull them up I don't know.  Occasionally I'll use "sharpen more" rather than sharpen but there's a fine line w/ sharpen!

I really like the 16-85 - its the perfect compliment for the 70-300VR that I also have.  Since I just got the camera I'm still trying to work through a lot of what it can do and get settings just right with it.  I know the lens right now can do more than I'm making it do but the big keys for me were VR and the fact it was quite a bit better than the 18-55 kit I got w/ my D50 and reports were it was also better than the 18-105 that's shipping as the kit with the D90.