Re: Best recordings for "Imaging"..
« Reply #40 on: 5 Mar 2010, 05:17 am »
Fever Ray, if you like electronic music, has some
"Q" sound going on

Where The Wild Things Are soundtrack

jriggy

« Reply #41 on: 27 Feb 2011, 04:58 pm »
Just spent a while hunting this thread down and though I would bring it back up top... This is one of the most important aspects of thoroughly enjoying a recording and I would love to hear more!

Anyone have any recent or newly found additions to add to this?

TrungT

« Reply #42 on: 27 Feb 2011, 05:50 pm »
Touch Yello  :thumb:

jriggy

« Reply #43 on: 27 Feb 2011, 07:33 pm »
Even though I really need more finely recorded music I should probably share a couple of my own faves....

Spuds

« Reply #44 on: 6 Jan 2019, 12:39 am »

One blues master, one guitar, one voice rendered in an amazingly real acoustic space.  Similar in sound, but not music, to Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions.

Top notch post-bop modern jazz live in Pierre Sprey's living room.  Close your eyes and you're there.

Spuds

« Reply #45 on: 6 Jan 2019, 01:04 am »
The OP was obviously looking for recommendations with outstanding 3D imaging. The Mapleshade Andy McKee-Sound Roots CD is right up there for sound quality but disappointing for any 3D imaging/soundstage. Fine for background music but the only shallow center image is the saxophone while the guitar comes directly out of the right speaker and the bass comes out of the left speaker...
Well recorded with top notch 3D imaging/soundstage I use as a reference CD :

PAT METHENY & CHARLIE HADEN - BEYOND THE MISSOURI SKY

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #46 on: 6 Jan 2019, 01:20 am »

Spuds

« Reply #47 on: 7 Jan 2019, 04:37 am »
Again, if you're seeking impressive 3D imaging/soundstage recordings, you're best to demo/hear it before you throw away money on the 'audiophile' recording. Not all recordings from Mapleshade, Red Rose, Chesky, Mark Levinson, etc will have stereo imaging let alone 3D imaging. Again, if you don't mind music for background music that's fine but if you intend on investing serious money on intense holographic 3D imaging as intended for highend systems, vinyl is usually an easier bet but CDs can be hit and miss.
Another disappointing huge miss from Chesky on CD with sound strictly coming out of the the right speaker and left speaker with no 3D imaging(unlike the original Miles Davis recording-In A Silent Way)
POWERHOUSE-IN AN AMBIANT WAY

timbley

« Reply #48 on: 7 Jan 2019, 05:29 am »

One blues master, one guitar, one voice rendered in an amazingly real acoustic space.  Similar in sound, but not music, to Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions.

Top notch post-bop modern jazz live in Pierre Sprey's living room.  Close your eyes and you're there.

Wow, that Andy McKee and NEXT is really amazing.

For orchestral music I get a good effect from the old Mercury Living Presence albums.