Howdy

bluefan

Howdy
« on: 26 Feb 2017, 05:27 pm »
Hi all... newbie to this site.  Just wanted to say hello.  I was researching a AVA preamp and came upon this site.  (I love finding troves of information and wisdom on gear)

I've been into audio gear for more years than I can remember.... it all started with a custom counsel that my parents had utilized in the 50's that was placed in my bedroom after they had tired of it...

Anyhow... still loving music and discovering new and old artist.... and of course, new and old equipment.  :green:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2017, 07:19 pm »
Welcome Bluefan :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2017, 08:14 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC bluefan   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2017, 09:01 pm »
Welcome!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2017, 12:47 am »
Hi, bluefan.

Welcome to our hangout.

mcgsxr

« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2017, 12:52 am »
Welcome!

Funny how for so many "of a certain age" our audio beginnings centered around consoles.  There was a 6 foot Magnavox in our living room most of my childhood, and spinning Xmas albums on that was when I first learned about vinyl.

bluefan

« Reply #6 on: 27 Feb 2017, 02:24 pm »
Yeah... I think that my parents went through three consoles... I started vinyl on them as well...  and of course, recording to tape via a Sears hand held using the wired microphone taped to one of the speakers... :icon_lol: