« Reply #80 on: 31 Aug 2007, 01:39 pm »
I saw this speaker back in late July
even more impressive in person

my vote would be

Salk Citadel

Mudslide

Re: Name that speaker II
« Reply #81 on: 31 Aug 2007, 10:40 pm »
There is much about the speakers that whisper, "lighthouse".  How is this for a Salk (SongTower) tie-in...?...the WatchTowers!   :D

SwedeSound

« Reply #82 on: 4 Sep 2007, 04:04 am »
So what're you gonna call them?

95bcwh

« Reply #83 on: 4 Sep 2007, 04:22 am »
Lucky me!  :green: I live in Houston, I'm writing to ask John to let me hear this speaker  :drool:

sonically_challenged

« Reply #84 on: 4 Sep 2007, 07:13 pm »
Having had the opportunity to see and hear these speakers last week at John's house, I have deliberated on an appropriate name.  I went through all of the Egyptian references - names like Alexandria, Luxor, and Ramses - but decided something keeping in spirit with the Veracity name was more appropriate for the Salk line (I have listened to 3 different pairs of HT3's, by the way).

Due to the amount of collaboration and input that went into the design and reproduction capabilities of this speaker, I believe VERVE - the spirit and enthusiasm animating artistic composition or performance - would be in keeping with the original goal set out in the creation of these speakers.

conanb

Name that speaker II
« Reply #85 on: 6 Sep 2007, 04:43 am »
I am the proud and satisfied owner of a pair of HT3s.

For a name...

Veracity HET-1  (High efficiency tower, model no. 1)

I guess the members of the club will be making a pilgrimage to John's house.

How about a comparison with the HT3s?

RH Customs

« Reply #86 on: 10 Sep 2007, 03:33 am »
I had the privilege of listening to these speakers, and wow. Again Jim has made some excellent well balanced speakers, not to mention custom designed.

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #87 on: 14 Sep 2007, 08:29 pm »
I've got it!!! I think..

Salk "the" Enigma
I guess you are waiting for a reason... but there isn't any
I guess you could say, some enigmas are not meant to be solved, it is enough just to hear them..
Wut... it was an attempt to make a slogan...
Wu'evvah!  :D

Imperial

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #88 on: 14 Sep 2007, 10:06 pm »
Salk Linga or Lingam.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #89 on: 14 Sep 2007, 11:35 pm »
Salk Klas

:D

Mudslide

« Reply #90 on: 16 Sep 2007, 05:00 am »
I like the angular cut of the speakers.

Ergo...."Gem" or even "Salk Gemtowers"

fsimms

Salk Silks
« Reply #91 on: 23 Sep 2007, 11:30 pm »
I just got back from listening to John's new speakers here in Houston.  Driving back the only name that came to me was "Silk" because they sound so silky smooth.

Salk Silks

Silk Towers

Silk Sound  etc...

Mudslide

« Reply #92 on: 5 Oct 2007, 05:14 am »
So Jim....any name selection as yet?   :shh:

jsalk

« Reply #93 on: 5 Oct 2007, 11:43 am »
Mudslide -

I wish I could say we have made the final selection.  But we have been so busy lately getting speakers ready for customers and the Rocky Mountain Audiofest, I haven't had a chance to even think about it.  We leave for Denver on Tuesday and will be working overtime until then.  So perhaps I'll have a chance to re-visit the issue after that.  Stay tuned...

- Jim

Woodsea

« Reply #94 on: 5 Oct 2007, 12:54 pm »
The Ents- They are wooden and have deep timber.  They should stay in your system as long as a tree lives, no need to upgrade.
 or a modification
The SalkEnts

95bcwh

« Reply #95 on: 5 Oct 2007, 02:58 pm »
I was listening to this speakers two weeks ago with another AC member "fsimm". Clearly, it's another winner!  I can't really say how it would compare with the HT3 I owned because the source and electronics used were all different. But I enjoyed what I heard tremendously.  :thumb:

Hey Jim, to side-track a little bit, do you think you can bring two "Salk Signature" plates to RMAF for me????
 :drool: :drool:

jsalk

« Reply #96 on: 5 Oct 2007, 03:05 pm »
I was listening to this speakers two weeks ago with another AC member "fsimm". Clearly, it's another winner!  I can't really say how it would compare with the HT3 I owned because the source and electronics used were all different. But I enjoyed what I heard tremendously.  :thumb:

Thanks.  Glad you liked them.  The speakers aren't for everyone.  But for those who need them, I think they turned out quite well.

Hey Jim, to side-track a little bit, do you think you can bring two "Salk Signature" plates to RMAF for me????

I'll try and remember to bring some for you.  But with all that is on my mind at present, I will only promise to try hard to remember.

- Jim

95bcwh

« Reply #97 on: 5 Oct 2007, 03:08 pm »
No worry...I'll still be in the US for one and a half year, please focus on your top priorities  :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks.  Glad you liked them.  The speakers aren't for everyone.  But for those who need them, I think they turned out quite well.

I'll try and remember to bring some for you.  But with all that is on my mind at present, I will only promise to try hard to remember.

- Jim

Mudslide

« Reply #98 on: 10 Oct 2007, 03:32 pm »
Mudslide -

I wish I could say we have made the final selection.  But we have been so busy lately getting speakers ready for customers and the Rocky Mountain Audiofest, I haven't had a chance to even think about it.  We leave for Denver on Tuesday and will be working overtime until then.  So perhaps I'll have a chance to re-visit the issue after that.  Stay tuned...

- Jim

I sure wish I could join you at the RMAF.  I hear that they are tons o' fun.  Enjoy, Jim.

Mud

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #99 on: 11 Oct 2007, 02:28 am »

These look like LightHouses from the coast of Maine to me.  :thumb: Let the light shine thru,,,,

Robin