scott ps-67a cueing lube

Sinnyone

scott ps-67a cueing lube
« on: 12 Feb 2022, 08:07 pm »
Hi All,
I have a Scott PS-67a turntable with a bone dry tune arm.  I have watched a few videos on youtube of different turntables and how to lube the tonearm to get it to cue slower.  Most have a screw that you remove at the tone arm support, but this Scott does not.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Do you have to remove the entire tone arm assembly to get inside the support to place the Silicone Diff Fluid?  Or,???  any help would be appreciated.  I can take it all apart and probably will, but just wondering.
Thanks

Sinnyone

Re: scott ps-67a cueing lube
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2022, 08:14 pm »
Alright, so in case anyone else is looking for an answer.  It doesnt look like you can lube the cueing arm or whatever you want to call it.  It has a mechanism that pushes the arm up that is driven by the cueing lever near the front of the turntable.  Ive noticed on other types and brands of turntables, on the cueing arm under the tone arm, there is usually a small rod that sits in a hole.  Filling that hole with FT Silicone Diff Fluid, 500,000 will cause the cueing arm to drop very slowly, letting the tone arm come down slowly and gently onto the album.  With this turntable, that cueing arm does have that rod, and hole, but the hole is open at the bottom.  Im not sure if i want to place the silicone into that and risk it dropping onto any electronics and making a mess or shorting something out.  I did place some silicone on the main pin , but that doesnt seem to help at all.  Anyway.  if anyone else has any ideas, jump into the conversation.