BDP-2 Digital Player

RipTorn

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #1560 on: 7 Aug 2016, 04:18 am »
I just sat down to hooking up my BDP 2 and a Wyred4sound 2LE however to my dismay no USB cable of any sort came with my dac , nothing . Well I'll have to wait until tomorrow however looking at the Bryston instruction manual I don't understand all the ports,  I would like to use a USB cable from the Bryston to my dac , ,..........sorry for such a question , i need to learn about connecting cables and ports,  I do see a USB 2.0 , A To B  ,...whatever that means ,. printing cable that looks like what I need , connection ends anyway ,

.So my dumb arse question here is would I plug into one of the USB ports on the BDP then to the dac?

vonnie123

« Reply #1561 on: 7 Aug 2016, 05:22 am »
I just sat down to hooking up my BDP 2 and a Wyred4sound 2LE however to my dismay no USB cable of any sort came with my dac , nothing . Well I'll have to wait until tomorrow however looking at the Bryston instruction manual I don't understand all the ports,  I would like to use a USB cable from the Bryston to my dac , ,..........sorry for such a question , i need to learn about connecting cables and ports,  I do see a USB 2.0 , A To B  ,...whatever that means ,. printing cable that looks like what I need , connection ends anyway ,

.So my dumb arse question here is would I plug into one of the USB ports on the BDP then to the dac?

Yes, a standard USB A from the BDP, to USB B on the DAC (2.0) should do the trick. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1562 on: 7 Aug 2016, 10:52 am »

Hi Rip

Also make sure you reboot the BDP-2 once you install the USB cable so the BDP-2 'knows' that particular USB port is an 'output' not an input.

james

RipTorn

« Reply #1563 on: 7 Aug 2016, 04:51 pm »
Thanks guys ,.I just purchased a printer cable just to get by until I choose a quality USB cord . James Tanner to reboot the BDP is there a proper sequence to follow ?,....Should I install the USB cable with the BDP off then start it up then shut it off ?,.or install the USB cord into the port while the BDP is on then shut it off to reboot ?
Thank you ,.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1564 on: 7 Aug 2016, 04:57 pm »
Thanks guys ,.I just purchased a printer cable just to get by until I choose a quality USB cord . James Tanner to reboot the BDP is there a proper sequence to follow ?,....Should I install the USB cable with the BDP off then start it up then shut it off ?,.or install the USB cord into the port while the BDP is on then shut it off to reboot ?
Thank you ,.

Hi

Does not matter what sequence - just restart once you have attached the cable.

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1565 on: 7 Aug 2016, 06:02 pm »
Thank you ,.

Please see page 15 of the manic moose manual

http://www.bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/BDP-2_MM_Manual.pdf

RipTorn

« Reply #1566 on: 7 Aug 2016, 06:39 pm »
Thank you , ,...I have another question ,.currently the only source I have is the factory supplied flash drive ,.
Letting them BDP cycle through instead of a "U" under Bryston BDP 2 an "N" appeared ,..now I was able to listen to some of them content on the flash card however after the end of each tune I would have to select the next song and press play to hear it ,.I shut  the BDP off , pulled the flash drive out of the port then started it up again ,.once again the letter N appeared then shortly after Bryston BDP 2  appeared with MPD ready under Bryston ,.from there pushing arrows I got into the menu ,...I shut it off .

RipTorn

« Reply #1567 on: 8 Aug 2016, 11:44 am »
Got it , however the the letter N appears instead of U when BDP cycles through its start up mode ,.

davidtgoh

« Reply #1568 on: 10 Aug 2016, 05:04 pm »
James and Chris,

I'm getting the dreaded Error 09 all of a sudden.  (The lower number is 184, but changes).  I have unplugged power, CAT5, and all usb.  I let it sit for about a half hour.  I restarted with only power and CAT 5 plugged in.  Same Error 9 message.

This is a BDP-2, with older AES card and internal HD.  It was working FINE when I went to sleep last night, with (2) 4TB Seagate drives attached via USB.

What's the way forward?

Thanks!

David Goh

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1569 on: 10 Aug 2016, 05:41 pm »
James and Chris,

I'm getting the dreaded Error 09 all of a sudden.  (The lower number is 184, but changes).  I have unplugged power, CAT5, and all usb.  I let it sit for about a half hour.  I restarted with only power and CAT 5 plugged in.  Same Error 9 message.

This is a BDP-2, with older AES card and internal HD.  It was working FINE when I went to sleep last night, with (2) 4TB Seagate drives attached via USB.

What's the way forward?

Thanks!

David Goh

Hi David

Got your email - thanks.

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1570 on: 10 Aug 2016, 06:10 pm »
James and Chris,

What's the way forward?

Thanks!

David Goh

Please see page 14 of the BDP-2 manual, it should help determine whats failed.

http://bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/300030[BDP2].pdf

Cheers,
Chris
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2016, 06:08 pm by unincognito »

Pundamilia

« Reply #1571 on: 10 Aug 2016, 07:02 pm »
Note that the link in the previous msg is not completely live. Clicking on then link will result in a page not found error. You need to copy and paste the complete text of the link into your browser address field in order to access the online version of the manual. :o

davidtgoh

« Reply #1572 on: 10 Aug 2016, 10:00 pm »
Chris,
I emailed you my address to send me a replacement CF card.  I ran the startup and nothing locked on the DAC>
David

XMAN

« Reply #1573 on: 11 Aug 2016, 02:21 pm »
I got a "crash detected" message in the dashboard screen anything i need to do?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1574 on: 11 Aug 2016, 06:03 pm »
I got a "crash detected" message in the dashboard screen anything i need to do?

Usually that means the BDP was attempting to rebuild the "Bryston DB" and something interrupted it.  It should go away if you reset the db from the media player settings page, assuming that's the crash it is referring to.

Cheers,
Chris

XMAN

« Reply #1575 on: 11 Aug 2016, 08:00 pm »
Usually that means the BDP was attempting to rebuild the "Bryston DB" and something interrupted it.  It should go away if you reset the db from the media player settings page, assuming that's the crash it is referring to.

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks

vonnie123

« Reply #1576 on: 14 Aug 2016, 07:47 pm »
Got it , however the the letter N appears instead of U when BDP cycles through its start up mode ,.

What does the N symbol stand for? 

RipTorn

« Reply #1577 on: 14 Aug 2016, 08:34 pm »

What does the N symbol stand for?
Apperantly it stands for network ,.not connected . This appeared instead of U the last three times that I used it . I just have to spend more time it , help is just a phone call away to Bryston . What I need to do is order Brystons Bot , that's my current technical speed . Plug it in and slip a disk in , well basically.

I purchased my BDP 2 used and the owner through in a Lacie mobile drive loaded with music I'm currently trying to listen to as I type this . The window of the Bryston shows an arrow followed by 949c-1847 below that is stop symbol followed by Loading... Well maybe I'll have it working soon .

vonnie123

« Reply #1578 on: 15 Aug 2016, 05:41 am »
Apperantly it stands for network ,.not connected . This appeared instead of U the last three times that I used it . I just have to spend more time it , help is just a phone call away to Bryston . What I need to do is order Brystons Bot , that's my current technical speed . Plug it in and slip a disk in , well basically.

I purchased my BDP 2 used and the owner through in a Lacie mobile drive loaded with music I'm currently trying to listen to as I type this . The window of the Bryston shows an arrow followed by 949c-1847 below that is stop symbol followed by Loading... Well maybe I'll have it working soon .

Thanks.  I have seen it pop up a couple of times on my BDP-1, and couldn't find it in the MM manual. 

FYI, if anyone is interested, Bryston BDP-1 works well with MoCA adapters (ethernet over coaxial cable) in Roon Ready mode. MoCa offers an alternative to wifi bridges or Powerline modules.  No doubt direct ethernet cabling is best, but the MoCA devices work very nicely. 

XMAN

« Reply #1579 on: 21 Aug 2016, 03:14 pm »
Yesterday i noticed my BDA3 AES/EBU input was red and my BDP2 was on (green light).  Feeling the case of the BDP2 i could tell it was off so i booted it and i started.  Does this mean it overheated and shut down?