BDP-2 Digital Player

drummermitchell

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #1140 on: 1 Aug 2015, 12:57 pm »
Hi Chris,
Made another list and stopped the player(one click) and logged off.
Came back on and the list was still there so seems were good.
I'll try her again this evening,thx.
6;50 pm and were good,maybe to many pops on the 4'x3' cement pad,thx for gettin back though :duh:.
« Last Edit: 2 Aug 2015, 12:52 am by drummermitchell »

drummermitchell

« Reply #1141 on: 7 Aug 2015, 02:34 am »
Today, lost my  playing list again(within an hour) since the new card WTF is going on.
Deleted the rest :evil:.
« Last Edit: 7 Aug 2015, 07:28 am by drummermitchell »

Roberto135

« Reply #1142 on: 9 Aug 2015, 08:02 pm »
But nobody else can hear it?

Fear not, even my BDP-2 in standby mode emits an high-frequency tone.
It is generated from this component: http://www.meanwell.com/mw_search/PM-05/PM-05-spec.pdf

The important thing is not to have it on the bedside table in the bedroom :-)

Marius

« Reply #1143 on: 10 Aug 2015, 07:31 am »
 :scratch:
Could that really be the case? (can't imagine since Bryston always stresses the 'dead-silence, ultra black backgrounds, and heavy measures to counter radio and electronic interference, up to designing dedicated non switching ac/dc adapters. And this is built-in?)
If so, seems to be a major design-flaw Bryston should tackle immediately don't you think? Please James/Chris, could you comment on this?

Cheers,
Marius

Fear not, even my BDP-2 in standby mode emits an high-frequency tone.
It is generated from this component: http://www.meanwell.com/mw_search/PM-05/PM-05-spec.pdf

The important thing is not to have it on the bedside table in the bedroom :-)

Roberto135

« Reply #1144 on: 10 Aug 2015, 10:38 pm »
Could that really be the case? (can't imagine since Bryston always stresses the 'dead-silence, ultra black backgrounds, and heavy measures to counter radio and electronic interference, up to designing dedicated non switching ac/dc adapters. And this is built-in?)
If so, seems to be a major design-flaw Bryston should tackle immediately don't you think? Please James/Chris, could you comment on this?

Cheers,
Marius

Marius, keep in mind that the tone is present only in stand-by mode. When the BDP-2 is powered on, it is absolutely silent.
May be in a country you hear it, in another country no, because of a different electrical current and voltage...

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1145 on: 11 Aug 2015, 12:01 am »

Cheers,
Marius

We don't hear it and we test the BDP by suppling voltages ranging from +/- 10% 120 and 220 and 50-60hz. Let me also state, this started with the only thing it might be (it it is the BDP) the standby power supply as it's the only thing powered on that could potentially create noise.

Roberto135

« Reply #1146 on: 11 Aug 2015, 12:38 am »
We don't hear it and we test the BDP by suppling voltages ranging from +/- 10% 120 and 220 and 50-60hz. Let me also state, this started with the only thing it might be (it it is the BDP) the standby power supply as it's the only thing powered on that could potentially create noise.

I think there is a relationship with the illumination of the display, because when the BDP-2 is power on but switches to ''sleep'' mode (after several minutes that is unused), the display switches off and the ''tone'' back to be hear like when the BDP is on standby mode.
Practically when the display is illuminated, BDP-2 is absolutely silent.

I hope it is an understandable translation...

Samurai7595

« Reply #1147 on: 13 Aug 2015, 03:08 pm »
When I connect to my BDP-2 via IP with my iPad Mini (Safari), the app freezes and I cannot perform any tasks.  However, when I use my Windows PC (Internet Explorer), all is functional.

Any ideas?

Norton

« Reply #1148 on: 13 Aug 2015, 03:49 pm »
When I connect to my BDP-2 via IP with my iPad Mini (Safari), the app freezes and I cannot perform any tasks.  However, when I use my Windows PC (Internet Explorer), all is functional.

Any ideas?

I experience similar since updating to latest Beta MM.  Simply refreshing the browser sorts it though in my case -still annoying but not terminal.

tdb4rdd

« Reply #1149 on: 13 Aug 2015, 11:57 pm »
I just received my new BDP-2 with serial number 716. I am assuming that it has a new sound card.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1150 on: 14 Aug 2015, 12:12 am »
I just received my new BDP-2 with serial number 716. I am assuming that it has a new sound card.

Hi

It will say under Audio Devices in the Dashboard section of Manic Moose.

James

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1151 on: 14 Aug 2015, 12:41 am »

Any ideas?

I've seen safari on an iPad become unresponsive when you change the orientation of the iPad, to make it responsive again you have to exit safari and relaunch it.

lycia

« Reply #1152 on: 14 Aug 2015, 01:27 am »
Chris:

My BDP-2 cannot see any of my DACs in  ‘Audio Devices’. How do I get them to show up?

The BDP will play music through them however, including DSD where applicable.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2015, 04:33 am by lycia »

lycia

« Reply #1153 on: 19 Aug 2015, 09:21 pm »
James:

I wonder if you can assist in this matter?

My BDP-2 is still unable to see, in Audio Devices, any of the three DAC's connected to it by USB.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1154 on: 19 Aug 2015, 10:59 pm »
James:

I wonder if you can assist in this matter?

My BDP-2 is still unable to see, in Audio Devices, any of the three DAC's connected to it by USB.

Hi

Chris is the expert on this so not sure I can do anything from my end. Do you want to send me your unit and drives and see what we can find?

lycia

« Reply #1155 on: 19 Aug 2015, 11:11 pm »
If you mean physically, then no. I am in Australia. :D

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1156 on: 19 Aug 2015, 11:26 pm »
If you mean physically, then no. I am in Australia. :D

Ya that would be excessive.

Maybe Chris can connect remotely?

James

lycia

« Reply #1157 on: 19 Aug 2015, 11:37 pm »
He is welcome to do so but he did not pick up on my post #1152 so I assumed he was not around. I will put the BDP-2 into Service Mode and email if he is on deck.

AJAudio

• The sweet sound of music...
« Reply #1158 on: 20 Aug 2015, 12:02 am »
Hi,

In the BDP-2, is there a way to "save" the default playlist so that it can continu to where it was at when the BDP-2 was shutdown ?  (It would also be nice to have the possibility of "auto-play" to continu playing the list uppon startup)

(If not, this could be a nice little feature to add...)

Another feature request;

It would be nice in the NAS setup if we could enter a "alias" for this particular library.  This alias would be displayed (and used) by the Media Player (and any other service...) instead of concatenating the share name with the remote NAS.

Thank you for your time!

Take care!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1159 on: 20 Aug 2015, 12:19 am »
He is welcome to do so but he did not pick up on my post #1152 so I assumed he was not around. I will put the BDP-2 into Service Mode and email if he is on deck.

Hi,

Just place it in service mode and email me the id and a short description of the issue.