BDP-2 Digital Player

drummermitchell

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #720 on: 13 Jul 2014, 09:00 pm »
Thanks James,just venting as of course it's the weekend and the weather is hot here, so I thought some BDP-2 tunes outside would be NICE  :|.
Gonna try Canadian tire to see if I can get the right screw driver so I can open her up.

drummermitchell

« Reply #721 on: 13 Jul 2014, 10:29 pm »
WTF is with these FN SCREWS,pu some precision screwdrivers($36.00),The friggin screws are so TIGHT that I broke the screwdriver which I had to use a small VISE GRIP to turn the screwdriver to remove most of the screws.
AND THEN,yes there's more,after that two of the FN screws,the heads were stripped,so had to buy a FN easy out to remove those two FN things.
Got the screws out,check all wiring connections to see if they were loose(NOT),reconnected it,SAME FKN ERROR-09.
Now it has to go back to bryston which will cost(WHATEVER).
For Fsakes,why do the FKN screws have be that friggin tight.
Now I`m out 36.00+one busted driver,3hr FKN drive to the city,BLAh blah 'blah.
Some say here or on some acoustics sites,PLEASE DON`T POST ON LINE,FK THAT,I don`t friggin hide in the corner like some.
I`m more pissed that the screws were almost friggin welded on the BDP-2.
Sides all this crap,she`s hot out the beer is cold,and no FN music....FK

YES I FEEL BETTER NOW

Mag

« Reply #722 on: 13 Jul 2014, 11:18 pm »
Drummer, sometimes I power my BDP-1 which a jump drive in the slot and I get the 09 code. Try disconnecting the hard drive in the BDP-2 if you can, power up until it initiates then plug in the drive.

See if that works.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #723 on: 13 Jul 2014, 11:26 pm »
WTF is with these FN SCREWS,pu some precision screwdrivers($36.00),The friggin screws are so TIGHT that I broke the screwdriver which I had to use a small VISE GRIP to turn the screwdriver to remove most of the screws.
AND THEN,yes there's more,after that two of the FN screws,the heads were stripped,so had to buy a FN easy out to remove those two FN things.
Got the screws out,check all wiring connections to see if they were loose(NOT),reconnected it,SAME FKN ERROR-09.
Now it has to go back to bryston which will cost(WHATEVER).
For Fsakes,why do the FKN screws have be that friggin tight.
Now I`m out 36.00+one busted driver,3hr FKN drive to the city,BLAh blah 'blah.
Some say here or on some acoustics sites,PLEASE DON`T POST ON LINE,FK THAT,I don`t friggin hide in the corner like some.
I`m more pissed that the screws were almost friggin welded on the BDP-2.
Sides all this crap,she`s hot out the beer is cold,and no FN music....FK

YES I FEEL BETTER NOW
\

Yes please try it without the drive as suggested above.

Otherwise Don we can issue a call tag and get it turned around for you ASAP.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #724 on: 14 Jul 2014, 01:44 am »
Hell,what does the hard drive look like.
Man I's so analog(sorta),thanks guys.

If were talkin about thumb drives I don't use one,I use a seagate 2T ext drive,I'll try that just cuz.
Tried that and nothing.....09..........frig it,I;ll see if I can get a hold of Chris in the am.
My Sis is goin to the city on Tues,so I`ll just ship her out.
Even though it doesn`t help me,all these maybe fixes should be in the manual,or perhaps these BDP`s are just for techy folks :roll:.

Mag

« Reply #725 on: 14 Jul 2014, 02:19 am »
It should look something similar to this, 500 GB.

drummermitchell

« Reply #726 on: 14 Jul 2014, 02:22 am »
Hmm,I assume that must be connected to the BDP`s transformer

nope ERROR 3 AND 4
Thanks anyway Mag.

Sung-bo Shim

• http://www.chessaudio.co.kr
« Reply #727 on: 15 Jul 2014, 10:47 am »
Hi.

I have the Exasound e22 DAC. Meantime, it doesn't work with the BDP-2 via USB.
Have you plan for them?

Thanks in advance.

Shim.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #728 on: 15 Jul 2014, 11:35 am »
Hi.

I have the Exasound e22 DAC. Meantime, it doesn't work with the BDP-2 via USB.
Have you plan for them?

Thanks in advance.

Shim.

Hi Shim

I believe the Exasound uses proprietary software and chips and is not compatible with USB 2 standards.  Maybe check with Exsasound on that .

james

MoPac

« Reply #729 on: 15 Jul 2014, 04:20 pm »
WTF is with these FN SCREWS,pu some precision screwdrivers($36.00),The friggin screws are so TIGHT...

James:
 Is "Locktight" being used on the cover screws?  If so this seems counter to a product that has the option to install a hard drive.  Has there been a change in production procedures regarding this issue?  If not do you have any hints on the best way to remove the cover screws: gentle tapping of each screw before turning, special tool that gives more leverage or some other trick?
 I really want to put a drive in my BDP when it arrives, but not if I have to experience the same problems Drummer had.
  Thanks, Rich :banghead:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #730 on: 15 Jul 2014, 04:33 pm »
James:
 Is "Locktight" being used on the cover screws?  If so this seems counter to a product that has the option to install a hard drive.  Has there been a change in production procedures regarding this issue?  If not do you have any hints on the best way to remove the cover screws: gentle tapping of each screw before turning, special tool that gives more leverage or some other trick?
 I really want to put a drive in my BDP when it arrives, but not if I have to experience the same problems Drummer had.
  Thanks, Rich :banghead:

Hi Rich

I will ask engineering - I have just used a number 8 Torx screwdriver.

james

ttsto

« Reply #731 on: 15 Jul 2014, 04:59 pm »
Hi Rich

I will ask engineering - I have just used a number 8 Torx screwdriver.

james
Same here. No problem removing the cover on BDP-1, light resistance but no need for excessive force

drummermitchell

« Reply #732 on: 15 Jul 2014, 08:09 pm »
Talked to Mike Pickett this morning,there have been issues regarding the screws.
Seems the screws were on the older models were over tight and that they now have a different system in place where removal is a lot easier.
Bryston is going to change mine out+sort out the dreaded 09 problem.
Instead of direct to wall,Chris suggests a typical surge protection bar.
Chris hasn't had any issues with his so when I get the BDP-2 back I'll try that and see.

drummermitchell

« Reply #733 on: 18 Jul 2014, 03:09 pm »
Since Chris mentioned using a power bar  with the BDP's,I wonder if a surgex surge protector is fine.
Thinking something like this instead of a power strip,

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #734 on: 18 Jul 2014, 03:13 pm »
Since Chris mentioned using a power bar  with the BDP's,I wonder if a surgex surge protector is fine.
Thinking something like this instead of a power strip,

Hi Don

Yes the Surgex circuit is part of what we use in the Bryston BIT isolation transformers so they are fine.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #735 on: 18 Jul 2014, 03:23 pm »
Hi James,
Before I had the BDP-2 plugged into a Torus 20a and I'd get error 04 once in awhile.
Chris suggested a average power bar as the BDP for some reason didn't like the Torus so much,so I'm assuming the BIT  and Surgex would be similar kind of :scratch:.

Perhaps I'm reading it wrong as I would put the BDP into the Torus again except that error 4 code that pops up once in awhile,thx.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #736 on: 18 Jul 2014, 03:32 pm »
Hi James,
Before I had the BDP-2 plugged into a Torus 20a and I'd get error 04 once in awhile.
Chris suggested a average power bar as the BDP for some reason didn't like the Torus so much,so I'm assuming the BIT  and Surgex would be similar kind of :scratch:.

Perhaps I'm reading it wrong as I would put the BDP into the Torus again except that error 4 code that pops up once in awhile,thx.

Yes because the transformer outputs slightly more voltage than the wall plug and the 04 sometimes shows up. It is the transformer section though not the Surgex section causing the 04 error.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #737 on: 18 Jul 2014, 03:39 pm »
Perfect,that's what I'll do then is get another Surgex for the BDP-2.
She was sent back to Bryston a few days ago for the dreaded 09 code.
THX James.

MoPac

« Reply #738 on: 22 Jul 2014, 12:24 am »
Hi all
 Has anyone used an  SSD+enclosure  plugged into one of the USB ports?   

Thanks, Rich

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #739 on: 22 Jul 2014, 12:24 pm »
Hi all
 Has anyone used an  SSD+enclosure  plugged into one of the USB ports?   

Thanks, Rich

Hi Rich

Yes I have used 2,5 inch SSD (solid state drive) drives externally as well as internally with my BDP-2.  Also Thumbdrives are SSD as well.

There is some discussion regarding the sound of Rotary drives vs SSD drives.

james