How do the Salk Sound HT3 sound like

jimdgoulding

Re: How do the Salk Sound HT3 sound like
« Reply #40 on: 17 Dec 2008, 12:06 am »
If the end justifies the means, and I believe it does without a doubt in this case, Ali's heavy treatment of his room is both necessary and desirable.  Necessary because of his room size and geometry, and desirable because of the result.  I can't stop thinkin about what I heard!  My system is a 180.  Smaller speakers and a more conventionally shaped (12x15x8) room.  I scarcely use any room treatment (2 GIK's on my side walls) tho I use what I make on my speakers and that helps with directivity and diffraction (i.e. image palpability and the perception of space in a recording).  My stage, too, is much larger and more open than you would think lookin at my set up.  Part of what has stuck in my memory is the speed and precision of the Salk's.  I'm guessing that it is the ribbon tweets and the stiff and light composition of the mid and bass drivers that is responsible for that along with cabinet damping and the non parallel shape.  Before having heard AliG's system, I was never underwhelmed by what I have.  Well, Vandersteen 5A's, maybe.  I think the Veracity HT3's are some serious speaks and the G man has done em up real good.  If I were building a new system, I would include these.
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2008, 02:25 am by jimdgoulding »