Another New Guy

Rifleman455

Another New Guy
« on: 9 Jul 2018, 03:30 pm »
Hello, Everyone!

A friend who is already a member referred me to this site and I joined up.
I've done some DIY in the past and want to get back into it.
I see there are many topics and articles for me to peruse and get up to date!  :D

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Another New Guy
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul 2018, 08:29 pm »
Welcome Rifleman455 :thumb:
« Last Edit: 9 Jul 2018, 11:33 pm by FullRangeMan »

Folsom

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jul 2018, 08:30 pm »
Hi, welcome.

There are lots of DIY and mix DIY/commercial guys around here!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 9 Jul 2018, 11:27 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Rifleman455    :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2018, 03:05 am »
Welcome!

Rifleman455

Greetings!
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2022, 09:03 pm »
Hello, All,
I'm new to the site and like to build my audio gear when I can: I get more satisfaction that way.  My latest build is a tube-and-SS phono pre-amp where I tried to add a bunch of tubes.  I did this by using six voltage-regulator tubes fed by solid-state constant-current sources.  The signal paths have two triodes for amplification and a single triode as a cathode follower.  I'm using the pre-amp with a turntable that is a combination of a platter-and-bearing kit with an air-bearing tonearm kit from the south.  The platter is belt-driven by a separate motor unit with SS controller.  I'm in the central east cost and hope to learn from the users here.

Norman Tracy

Re: Greetings!
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jul 2022, 09:34 pm »
Welcome to AC Rifleman455. We do have a fair share of hands on audiophiles melting solder and making sawdust on the way to our HiFi ideals.

DIY turntables and tonearms are of a rare breed. I would love to see pics and more details.

toocool4

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jul 2022, 09:55 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle Rifleman455

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: 19 Jul 2022, 10:13 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Rifleman455   :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jul 2022, 03:41 pm »
Hello, All,
I'm new to the site and like to build my audio gear when I can: I get more satisfaction that way.  My latest build is a tube-and-SS phono pre-amp where I tried to add a bunch of tubes.  I did this by using six voltage-regulator tubes fed by solid-state constant-current sources.  The signal paths have two triodes for amplification and a single triode as a cathode follower.  I'm using the pre-amp with a turntable that is a combination of a platter-and-bearing kit with an air-bearing tonearm kit from the south.  The platter is belt-driven by a separate motor unit with SS controller.  I'm in the central east cost and hope to learn from the users here.
Welcome again, you already introduced yourself in 2018.
I will merge this topic with the previous you made in 2018.
GUIDELINES