Fearless

mjosef

Fearless
« on: 16 Feb 2007, 11:08 pm »
Just saw this last nite on DVD, and it was somewhat of an underachiever... especially after House of Flying daggers, Hero, and Crouching Tiger...something was missing or was it just the editing that made it feel so...unwholesome.
Looks like he grew tired of the traditional Martial Arts genre, and it kind of shows. He still got the moves thats for sure.

95bcwh

Re: Fearless
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2007, 12:09 am »
If you want to watch the best of Jet Li, try:

"Once Upon a Time in China" (1989)
"Fist of Legend"(1994)

The martial arts in the above two films way exceeded "House of Flying Daggers", "Hero", "Crouching Tiger" - which had too much special effects that makes the fighting looks faked.

gitarretyp

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2007, 01:38 am »
If you want awesome fight scenes, then i'd definitely second Once Upon a Time and Fist of Legend. They don't have the cinematography the other three have, but the fights are quite impressive and somewhat realistic.

By the way, Fist of Legend is a re-make of the Bruce Lee film Fist of Fury. I preferred Fist of Legend.

mjosef

« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2007, 01:41 am »
Agree...saw those some time ago. All 3parts of the Once Upon a Time in China was what I cut my teeth on Jet Li. Not the best sound, but excellent fighting scenes. Saw Fist of Legion also.
Why I mentioned those three in my previous post was based more on the exceptional sound and video technicalities. I found Fearless did not meet those bars set by those movies, however some of the fight scenes were just as good as his earlier films.