Niagara Amplifier New Enclosure and Pricing Special

PaulHilgeman

Niagara Amplifier New Enclosure and Pricing Special
« on: 16 Nov 2006, 04:36 pm »
Greetings,

I will be moving to a much nicer enclosure for the Niagara amplifier sourced from a different company.  Here are a few pictures with a few exceptions:

1.  The furutech posts are optional ($70)
2.  It will retain the switchable RCA and XLR inputs
3.  The front panel will be revised to include the

The pricing of the old amplifier was $1600.00, the new chassis obviously costs more, but I would like to do a short-term special price of the exact same price, until January 15th when the pricing will increase to $1900.00

So, for $1600, you get full a dual-mono, Hypex UcD400 based amplifier.  I hand modify each board, swapping a few components in the important output filter and the on-board power caps.  Optionally, if you use a preamplifier that does not have DC on it's outputs (it shouldn't), I can remove and by-pass the input filtering capacitor for the best sonic improvement to this amplifier.

This puts a great amplifier in a truly world-class enclosure.

Please see the following pictures for an example of what the chassis will look like:

I am all for customization to your specific needs, if you want to do monoblocks in smaller chassis, this is certainly possible, three, four or more channels etc. 

Contact me at:

paul@nomad-audio.com

to talk about your order

Have a good one everyone,
Paul Hilgeman
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2006, 03:12 am by PaulHilgeman »

PaulHilgeman

Gain on these units is 26dB, but can easily be changed.

Input impedance is 100Kohms per phase to ground, so 100K on the SE input and 100K per phase on the balance input.  Some manufacturers spec this as 200K on a balanced connection, I am not sure what is proper, however I am certain that this is clear.

This is a very high, very usable input impedance.

-Paul

PaulHilgeman

Re: Niagara Amplifier New Enclosure and Pricing Special
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2006, 01:41 am »
BUMP, just 3 days left!!!

Place your order now to reserve this price.

3-4 week lead time.

PayPal or Visa and MasterCard accepted and prefered.

Paul Hilgeman
Nomad Audio

Edit:  Dual Mono, Proven Hypex Sound Quality, Fantastic Case and dual inputs all for $1600, you can't beat this deal with a stick.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2006, 03:10 am »
Hey Paul,

That's a snazzy looking chassis. I like the rounded corners. Is the face plate going to have the same look as the older chassis? It would look cool in black!

Looking forward to hearing the Niagara BTW.  :thumb:

Cheers

PaulHilgeman

« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2006, 03:56 am »
Yes, it will be like the old one, though I am thinking of getting rid of the status lights as they don't tell anything aside from whether the channel is operating, no clipping indication or anything like that.  It will have a laser engraved "Nomad Audio" and "Niagara" on it, and retain the vandal power switch.

I will have to look into black, but it is all Aluminum, so it is certainly possible.

I'll be shipping out the evaluation model in a few days for your comparison.

-Paul

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2006, 04:29 am »
I love the chassis!  Man I wish I could source some like those!

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2006, 04:33 am »
I think black would be the way to go with that if it's available Paul. Call it vanity, but black is cool. The way the back is done looks very high quality. Nice piece.

I'll be shipping out the evaluation model in a few days for your comparison.

Cool, looking forward to it.

Cheers