Monarchy 48/96 upsampler Mod

oris98

Monarchy 48/96 upsampler Mod
« on: 23 Feb 2005, 09:22 am »
Hi,

I am thinking of trying to improve the sonic performance of my system.. I am using a mensa DIO and Monarchy upsampler with .5 meter digit cables running from my CAL LAB ICON MKII (digital out).  What is the recommended mod for this setup ?   What is the make or manufacturer  of the superturboclock3  or superclock chips ?  Should the mod to be performed in the CDP, DAC or the Monarchy upsampler to be most effective ?  

Has anyone  tried the Monarch mod with Mensa Dio ?   What is the sound like ?  Huge improvement ?  of just subtle ?

Many thanks.

audioengr

Re: Monarchy 48/96 upsampler Mod
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2005, 09:44 pm »
Quote from: oris98
Hi,

I am thinking of trying to improve the sonic performance of my system.. I am using a mensa DIO and Monarchy upsampler with .5 meter digit cables running from my CAL LAB ICON MKII (digital out).  What is the recommended mod for this setup ?   What is the make or manufacturer  of the superturboclock3  or superclock chips ?  Should the mod to be performed in the CDP, DAC or the Monarchy upsampler to be most effective ?  

Has anyone  tried the Monarch mod with Mensa Dio ?   What is the sound like ?  Huge improvement ?  of just subtle ?

Many thanks.

The digital cable should be 1.5m long.  I would think about eliminating the Monarchy.

The Superclock3 is made by Audiocom International:
http://www.audiocom-uk.com/store/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=163&strPageHistory=cat

The Superclock3 that I use in my mods is futher modded by me.  The SuperTurboclock is the most extensively modded clock that I use.

I would recommend modding the Transport and the DAC and then use a high-quality 1m 75 ohm digital cable, such as my Bitmeister.

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: Monarchy 48/96 upsampler Mod
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2005, 10:04 pm »
Quote from: oris98
Hi,

Many thanks.

best mod for the monarhy is to remove it from your system.  imo, of course!   :wink:   i had a gw labs dsp in between my modded di/o & transport - it sounded worse w/the upsampling.  the gw-labs dsp has essentially the same upsampler as the monarchy...  fortunately, i got the gw-labs on a no-questions-asked return guarantee.

doug s.