Streamer with USB out and in for Storage

kbuzz3

Streamer with USB out and in for Storage
« on: 6 May 2020, 08:48 pm »
Im looking for a streamer that has a USB out for my Dac and also allows for usb in for music stored on an external drive. So far the only one that is not astronomical its the project Streambox ultra. 

Anyone have any other suggestions.  I  would just get the blue sound node, but it only as coax out and my Dac is usb only.  thanks

Phil A

Re: Streamer with USB out and in for Storage
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2020, 10:11 pm »
Im looking for a streamer that has a USB out for my Dac and also allows for usb in for music stored on an external drive. So far the only one that is not astronomical its the project Streambox ultra. 

Anyone have any other suggestions.  I  would just get the blue sound node, but it only as coax out and my Dac is usb only.  thanks

Not sure of the total budget but how about - Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra?

JackD

« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2020, 01:32 am »
Look for a used Auralic Aries Mini.  They don't come up for sale often or stay that way for long plus demand has kept the price close to the original list.

Mike-48

« Reply #3 on: 7 May 2020, 05:25 pm »
I'm pretty sure you can do that with a Raspberry Pi and an Allo USBridge card, or even better with their pre-assembled unit. This requires a little more hands-on than something by Auralic, say. You'll need to pick an operating system (I use Volumio) and so on. But it's inexpensive, reportedly has great sound, and meets the need.