Nonesuch Records

terrycym

Nonesuch Records
« on: 19 Dec 2019, 10:41 am »
After a favourable review in Stereophile, I decided to purchase the download of Spangled by Gaby Moreno Van Dyke Parks directly from the Nonesuch web store.
The Nonesuch web site describes the download as 96/24 but I noticed that it was surprisingly quick to download.
When I checked what I had downloaded, it was 44.1/16 which is not what was expected or advertised. This is misrepresentation of the product offered.
I sent off an email to Nonesuch via their web site explaining my concerns and their reply was to blame me for not downloading it correctly.

This should not be allowed, it is fraudulent.
Is this the only download from Nonesuch with this issue?
Have others seen this issue?

I am not a happy bunny and very disappointed to be treated with so little respect.

Please be aware of this and other protentional issues with downloads from the Nonesuch web site and perhaps be prepared to lower your expectations.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2019, 12:08 pm by terrycym »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Nonesuch Records
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2019, 11:29 am »
Hi!

Sorry to see what happened to you and hope you can resolve it with Nonesuch. I have several downloads from them, all are FLAC 96k/24bit and the downloads have been flawless.

Best,
Anand.

terrycym

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2019, 11:35 am »
That's good to know Anand. Thanks for the response.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2019, 12:53 pm »
Looks like you are a magician, you turned 24/96 into 16/44 in a blink of eye.

terrycym

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2019, 01:48 pm »
It never was 24 bit, Nonesuch uploaded the wrong file to their web server, an easy mistake to make.
Just a huge shame that they're not prepared to sort it out.